What is it? Set 135

Not casting aspersions about the Swedes but if they are anything like English potatoes: "Made of quality Swedish steel" is a somewhat suspect appelation.

(The lowest grade of edible spuds in Britain are "Selected".)

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I have been searching for the possible patent, so far unsuccessfully. I have a suspicion it wasn't a patented by Mr. Selck, but by someone else and he just mass produced it. An approximate date would be helpful, somewhat that is... W.E. Selck had a patent in 1962 for a Trowel (toothed, maybe for spreading out flooring glue?) that had interchangeable blades (Patent number 3166776).

My thoughts on the "brass arm" is that it was to protect the sharp scribe from damage when not being used and possibly hurting the operator too :) Kinda like the purpose of a knife sheath (shrug).

Reply to
Leon Fisk

I haven't had any luck finding anything on this tool either, I think you could be right about it being patented by someone else, thanks for doing some searching.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

Leon,

I appreciate your looking. I also thought about a needle protector, but it is quite a fancy piece for that purpose. At this point it is still a "wall decoration" rather than a working tool. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG

Hi Rob and Dan,

I thought I would let you know that I have my doubts that this tool was ever patented (I know it says it was). It could have been badly classified, patent was for a part of it that didn't look like the complete tool or it may have been a foreign patent. I'm not at all familiar with the latter. I have done a lot of searching and found several similar tools (gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that I have been searching in the right areas) but alas, nothing quite like this.

I have become pretty good at searching old patents via classes though (at least I think so). So it wasn't a terrible burden (grin).

I may still plug away a bit more if I come up with any more clues or ideas. I'll let you guys know it anything turns up.

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Thanks again for your help. How do you search by class? I've looked and didn't see much about it on the U.S. patent site.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.