What is it? Set 388

I get the same, so it's not just you. If I go to the site, I'm able to view set 387 & earlier but don't see set 388. Bill

Reply to
Bill

Working fine here, firefox 4.0.1

Reply to
tnik

Blogger was down for maintenance for almost 24 hours starting yesterday afternoon but it looks like things are working again now, don't know what the problem was.

I haven't been able to verify either the chain tool or the large clamp, the rest of the answers for this week along with a couple of videos can be seen here:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

The way that I've currently been linking, the comments show up at the bottom of the page by default, I'll go back to my old way of linking in which you don't see them unless you click on the comments link at the bottom of the page. Sometimes there is good information in the comments about some of the unidentified items, so I don't want to turn them off or discourage people from posting there.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

"Rob H." wrote

That wood chopping video can happen because that is very nice wood. Rarely, in the real world, is wood that easy to split. Almost a shame to burn that stuff. It would make very nice lumber. Very straight grain, no knots, etc.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

tnik fired this volley in news:FWgzp.82145$Ha7.40966 @en-nntp-04.dc1.easynews.com:

It's working NOW, but was not earlier. Probably a server glitch.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I *do* read them -- *after* I have sent off my post to the newsgroups. I just don't want to see them before then, so my own guesses do not have a chance of being contaminated with those of others. :-)

Thanks, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

No problems with Opera as a brower on Sun's Solaris 10 OS on an UltraSPARC CPU pair.

And it works whether I have JavaScript and plugins (e.g. Flash) turned on or off.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Yup, just checked, and there it is.

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Rich Grise fired this volley in news:iql1ov$jdo $ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

ACtually... after Rob told us the server was under maintenance, I doubt it was any kind of malfunction -- they simply didn't have that storage volume mounted yet.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Here's a reassurance of the gimbaled lamp

--riverman

Reply to
Myron Buck

Here's a reassurance of the gimbaled lamp

--riverman

Hmmm. I hadn't considered that the lamp may hang from a peg and rest against a beam or bulkhead. That would necessitate the internal gimbals. Art

Reply to
Artemus

Yeah, I saw that too. Got me wondering where I got it in my head that the entire thing hung from a chain...

--riverman

Reply to
Myron Buck

Actually the government will use almost anything as a burn bag. I saw Purina bags used at an agency that never says anything. What's more interesting is the items which make their way Into burn bags, including false teeth, ladies underwear, and washing machine motors.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

I'm not really asking... Just being a wise-guy... How do you know? Been reading things in burn bags lately?

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

How does he know they were ladies?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

teeth....underwear....sounds to me like they stuffed a PERSON in a burn bag!

--riverman

Reply to
Myron Buck

The newsletter had a list of odd stuff found. Add coveralls and steel toed boots to my previous list. I'm not sure, but I suspect there were some disgruntled employees. There were chutes all over the place leading to an underground conveyor that carried everything out to a chemical disposal. Stuff like the washing machine motor damaged the conveyer (must have come fro a top floor) and the other stuff got sifted out somehow - including the .38 ammo. Some agencies had 'collectors' or collection points and clear waste baskets that had to be placed on your desk when you were not there.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

At this particular agency diversity did not extend to guys wearing bras and panties, so it was a fairly good assumption. :)

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

How did they know they were wearing bras and panties? Did they have those X-ray vision machines? Or maybe they skin-searched everybody who had a lumpy chest?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise