Where are Mitutoyo Micrometers Made?

Hi. Where are Mitutoyo micrometers made? I thought they were made in
Japan, but I see one on eBay that the seller says is made in Brazil.

Thanks for any help on this question.
Reply to
JWho
Whereever it is cheaper to produce. Welcome to globalisation!
Nick
Reply to
Nick Müller
Mitutoyo is a Japanese company, but they make some of their stuff in Brazil (and have since 1974, according to their website). I have at least one Mitutoyo instrument that's made in Brazil.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany
Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:
Hi. Thank you for pointing that out.
Reply to
JWho
Mitutoyo has factories all over the world. My Mitutoyo combination square was made in Mexico. They used to have a factory in the Chicago area (Aurora, I believe) but closed it down last year.
Reply to
AL
Damn! Even Japan is out sourcing. Dick
Reply to
Dick
FWIW, my Mitutoyu Vernier is marked "Made in Japan".
-- Jeff R.
Reply to
Jeff R
What you have to worry about is when China starts outsourcing to the USA.
Reply to
Andy Asberry