Where are Mitutoyo Micrometers Made?

Hi. Where are Mitutoyo micrometers made? I thought they were made in Japan, but I see one on eBay that the seller says is made in Brazil.

Thanks for any help on this question.

Reply to
JWho

Whereever it is cheaper to produce. Welcome to globalisation!

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Mitutoyo is a Japanese company, but they make some of their stuff in Brazil (and have since 1974, according to their website). I have at least one Mitutoyo instrument that's made in Brazil.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:
Hi. Thank you for pointing that out.

Reply to
JWho

Mitutoyo has factories all over the world. My Mitutoyo combination square was made in Mexico. They used to have a factory in the Chicago area (Aurora, I believe) but closed it down last year.

Reply to
AL

Damn! Even Japan is out sourcing. Dick

Reply to
Dick

FWIW, my Mitutoyu Vernier is marked "Made in Japan".

-- Jeff R.

Reply to
Jeff R

What you have to worry about is when China starts outsourcing to the USA.

Reply to
Andy Asberry