where can I buy a ball bearing in San Francisco/San Jose in US?

Dear all,
I am wondering what kind of shops can I buy a ball bearing? I am not
an English speaker. So, any shop name or website or keyword is
appreciated. The model I am looking for is 7206-C.
Thanks very much
Leo
Reply to
leo.hou
Try:
Kaman Bearing & Supply Corp 316 Littlefield Ave S San Francisco, CA 94080
(650) 589-6800
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Foster
Or without leaving home you can get one from McMaster...
6680K17 Single-Row Angular Contact Ball Bearing-ABEC3 for 30mm Shaft Diameter, 62mm Outside Diameter In stock at $55.91 Each
I'd expect the bearing to be about $10 cheaper from Kaman. Motion Industries is another supplier that I'm sure will have a branch in your area.
Ned Simmons
Reply to
Ned Simmons
Applied Industrial Technologies
San Jose Location # 0879 255 E Brokaw Rd San Jose, CA 95112-4206 PH: (408) 436-5464 FAX: (408) 436-0791 Email: snipped-for-privacy@applied.com
Mountain View Location # 0871 990 N Rengstorff Ave Mountain View, CA 94043-1714 PH: (650) 968-8316 FAX: (650) 967-3214 Email: snipped-for-privacy@applied.com
Fremont Location # 0864 41203 Albrae St Fremont, CA 94538-3101 PH: (510) 770-1209 FAX: (510) 770-1360 Email: snipped-for-privacy@applied.com
Reply to
starbolins
I've used these guys and have been pleased.
Also phone book showed: Bearing Agencies 415-621-8363 I've never dealt with them.
Peter
Reply to
pgrey
Bearing Engineering has never failed me. I go to the one in Emeryville, but I know they have several locations. How do I know? Because when they don't have what I need in Emeryville, they get it from one of their other stores within a day.
Reply to
Leo Lichtman
On 10 May 2007 08:55:27 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com quickly quoth:
Search here for the company closest to you, Leo.
is the first name to come up.
Also check your local Yellow Page book for "power transmission". - Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm). -----------
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Thank you all very much for your replies. I just arrived at CA early this morning. It's a lovely day today :)
My friend asked me to buy this very specific type of bearing from US. He gave me a type of "7206" and a rating of "C". He only mentioned it's some kind of quality rating of the part. From A, B to C, and C being the best (maybe there is D or more, I don't know...)
However, I couldn't find this rating anywhere in the websites you guys gave. Do you know what this rating means? Is it an international rating? Or does it have another name/term in U.S.?
Another question, my friend said the bearing should be sold in pairs. I found VXB.com is selling 7206B at $29.99 per pair.
But mcmaster.com is selling at $55.91 *each*. Is that $55.91 for only one? Why is the difference so big?
Thanks again in advance.
Regards Leo
Reply to
leo.hou