where can I buy a ball bearing in San Francisco/San Jose in US?

Dear all,

I am wondering what kind of shops can I buy a ball bearing? I am not an English speaker. So, any shop name or website or keyword is appreciated. The model I am looking for is 7206-C.

Thanks very much

Leo

Reply to
leo.hou

Try:

Kaman Bearing & Supply Corp

316 Littlefield Ave S San Francisco, CA 94080

(650) 589-6800

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Foster

Or without leaving home you can get one from McMaster...

6680K17 Single-Row Angular Contact Ball Bearing-ABEC3 for 30mm Shaft Diameter, 62mm Outside Diameter In stock at $55.91 Each

I'd expect the bearing to be about $10 cheaper from Kaman. Motion Industries is another supplier that I'm sure will have a branch in your area.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Applied Industrial Technologies

San Jose Location # 0879

255 E Brokaw Rd San Jose, CA 95112-4206 PH: (408) 436-5464 FAX: (408) 436-0791 Email: snipped-for-privacy@applied.com

Mountain View Location # 0871

990 N Rengstorff Ave Mountain View, CA 94043-1714 PH: (650) 968-8316 FAX: (650) 967-3214 Email: snipped-for-privacy@applied.com

Fremont Location # 0864

41203 Albrae St Fremont, CA 94538-3101 PH: (510) 770-1209 FAX: (510) 770-1360 Email: snipped-for-privacy@applied.com
Reply to
starbolins

I've used these guys and have been pleased.

Also phone book showed: Bearing Agencies 415-621-8363 I've never dealt with them.

Peter

Reply to
pgrey

Bearing Engineering has never failed me. I go to the one in Emeryville, but I know they have several locations. How do I know? Because when they don't have what I need in Emeryville, they get it from one of their other stores within a day.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

On 10 May 2007 08:55:27 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com quickly quoth:

Search here for the company closest to you, Leo.

is the first name to come up.

Also check your local Yellow Page book for "power transmission".

- Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm). -----------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thank you all very much for your replies. I just arrived at CA early this morning. It's a lovely day today :)

My friend asked me to buy this very specific type of bearing from US. He gave me a type of "7206" and a rating of "C". He only mentioned it's some kind of quality rating of the part. From A, B to C, and C being the best (maybe there is D or more, I don't know...)

However, I couldn't find this rating anywhere in the websites you guys gave. Do you know what this rating means? Is it an international rating? Or does it have another name/term in U.S.?

Another question, my friend said the bearing should be sold in pairs. I found VXB.com is selling 7206B at $29.99 per pair.

But mcmaster.com is selling at $55.91 *each*. Is that $55.91 for only one? Why is the difference so big?

Thanks again in advance.

Regards Leo

Reply to
leo.hou