Yes! We're #1!

Duuno accorsding to this article in front of me even your seals bought the AI AS 50, Thats according to thew Sniper rifle suppliment in this months Cobat and survival mag

Reply to
The Rifleman

Pfhew, eee! I think it all started to go downhill when you guys started having your history books written by the North Koreans.

Well, that was awfully darned nice of you, Rifleman. I guess we could have saved ourselves the trouble of sending 21 divisions for D-Day, since you already had the Germans under control.

Why was it, BTW, that the Germans called those light tanks of yours "Tommy cookers"? When you set them on fire, said the Germans, they smelled like burnt bangers and mash.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

it comes down to perspective

that is what makes yanks so much fun ... they take themselves so serious , when they actually are not , not even their own government is taking them serious ...

you wont get it tho , if you did , you'd be depressed

Reply to
Myal

and you call him history buff ? after you are claiming personal glory for having taken part in conflicts that happened when you wasnt there ?

what is this " we" bullshit if not the typical yank stealin glory from his ancestors actions ?

And I'll bet that you could

Reply to
Myal

That's just the revisionist history they teach those poor ignorant british rednecks. its obvious that his family tree hasn't branched once, since the Romans controlled the british isles.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That is, if the british crew had had a bath in the last month or so.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Congratulations! For once you are absolutely correct but as usual, you left out the details:

The first two are correct, since that was the best military you had at that time. Its too bad you are now a forth rate military.

You are 100% right that our stopping Hitler and his goons from taking over Europe was an absolute waste of time, materials, and American lives.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The Tommy cooker was the petrol engined sherman tank, a yank piece of kit., OH and on D day the Brits, Canucs and Commonwealth troops fought their ways of the beach, unlike the yanks who stayed as near the the sand as they could.

Reply to
The Rifleman

The original "Tommy Cooker," aside from the field stove whence it derived its name, was a light British WWI tank that the Germans shot through with holes using captured French .70-cal. anti-tank shoulder rifles. They carried the nickname over to the Sherman in WWII but it just didn't have the same cachet.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

You must be a lawyer or a politician. i could smell the bullshit before I clicked on your post.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell