Yes! We're #1!

Or tons with pounds -- but even so, it's still such a large number as to be hardly believable.

Reply to
Doug Miller

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:46:48 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed Huntress" quickly quoth:

But the USA is a bit larger than that city, Ed. I like the odds of survival much better over here right now.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Oh, I thought every American was supposed to have three or more Swiss K-31's.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Well, if Iraq had 500,000 tons of explosives, I could believe that.

Ignoramus31174

LOL, good call!

cheers T.Alan

Reply to
T.Alan Kraus

Nah..Ive only got 1..and never shoot it because ammo is just too damned hard to find.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Oh, no doubt about it. It's a lot safer here than in Baghdad.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I figured you for a reloader.

As I've collected rifles used in miltaries around the world, I've noticed that US rifles seemed to be the ones best created for riflemen.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Good one! :)

Reply to
Li RM

Every time I see .22s on sale, I buy some. I have gotten ahead of my shooting and hope I don't have to carry it all in one swoop...they get heavy. I need one of those full-auto .22 rifles that were used by prison guards, I can't remember what it was, just to burn up some ammo. The price of centerfire is going way up here, why is that? Don't make me reload!

I bet you do miss the K-22, I love my Model 19 which is also a K frame. It's no fun to shoot though, it's not challenging...you just can't miss. It would be my first choice for "work" that had to be done.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

More freedom here, more dictators out there taking up guns and killing those of different religions or political thought. Martin

Mart> U.S. most armed country with 90 guns per 100 people

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I think I feel much better now. Maybe.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Our criminals are really lousy shots, for the most part. The chance that they'll actually hit anything they aim at are pretty slim.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I am. There are no easily converted cartridges that make over to 7.5 Swiss. There are several..sorta kinda conversions...cringe.

The Americans went to war with a target rifle The Germans went to war with a hunting rifle The British went to war with a Battle rifle.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

I have lots of .22s. On my short list to buy: Taurus M94 9-shot .22 revolver ( I don't like the Tracker) Henry H101 Marlin Papoose NAA.22 magnum And then I want a .17 of some sort. Still studying that.

As for centerfire ammo, there are guys around that enjoy reloading about as much as shooting. Find one of those guys and work a deal. I'm buying .45 ACP for less than $100 for 500, loaded anyway I want them. .223 is about the same.

Reply to
Rex

Give me your friend!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

That was originally an envious British slur on German and American rifles, cartridges and tactics.

It didn't help that they had been in the middle of a caliber change and were poorly prepared to resume high-volume production of the Lee- Enfield, so they had to contract their own latest rifle design to US factories (US WWI production was nothing to brag about either).

jw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Hmm, I don't have anything Swiss. How the hell did I miss that?

Question: when counting Mausers, should I include the Arisakas and the M1903's?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

As long as you don't forget the P14 and M1917 Enfields.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

I also don't have an Eddystone. Odd, that. Are you coming to HGHA next month? If so I shall make every attempt to do so as well. Got some pics to show you. (Gunner has seen 'em, as has Iggy).

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz