Yes! We're #1!

50 Governors and 50 lieutenant govs? I miscounted ;)

nick hull

We don't have to allow the population to increase to 9 or 10 billion, too! . .

Reply to
(David P.)

I was unaware that it was our responsibility to control the population of the whole planet. Do I get a choice in the matter?

Reply to
Bob Brock

you are not the only one

me too

Reply to
Myal

lovers of the rest .. think monica

Reply to
Myal

I take it poms are held in contempt in general over where you are also ??

Reply to
Myal

Not at all. They, and Australians, New Zealanders, and many others generally are welcomed and well regarded.

In this country, as in many others, the nationality of people doesn't become an issue until large clusters of them separate themselves into enclaves. That's pretty common behavior around the world.

When I was a student in Switzerland, it was Turks who lived in clusters and were regarded with suspicion. In parts of Europe, it's now Arabs (or Muslims, if you want to define them that way). In the US, it varies in different parts of the country. It's Mexicans now in many parts. Where I live, it's Asian Indians.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

poms did that here , now they call em selves "white aussies" and they are over , but now we dont just have white settlemnts , in and around those settlements we have Jewish enclaves , Muslim only areas , Vietnamese areas , and assorted others , I find it so dam funny to see the same folk who started this settlement business kicking up at others doing the same thing again ....

I guess tho , your mate may well be right , aussies are like yanks , but for the accent , a bunch of immigrants who think they own the place cos their ancestors murdered the original inhabitants ....

unless he means * real* Australians , in that case americans are all blackfellas

Reply to
Myal

They can't use a tank to make a thousand people pay their taxes or accept a micro-implant. But a disarmed population is much easier to control and enslave.

Did you know?..... The federal reserve is a privately owned bank that creates money out of nothing, then loans it to the federal government at interest which is paid out of your income tax. Got inflation? Higher prices? That's the super rich taxing you.

Reply to
the_blogologist

We've also got the most powerful government in the world that is ocntrolled by even more powerful corporations. We had better be well armed.

Reply to
the_blogologist

They are democrats?

Hardly.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Odd..we have been over this before, and when called for cites, you blithered, babbled, then went silent.

Again I ask for Cites!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

# Numerical weakness comes from having to prepare against possible attacks; numerical strength, from compelling our adversary to make these preparations against us.

[The highest generalship, in Col. Henderson's words, is "to compel the enemy to disperse his army, and then to concentrate superior force against each fraction in turn."]

One mark of a great soldier is that he fight on his own terms or fights not at all.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

While I strongly support the Second Amendment it doesn't seem to have done it's job. America has an outlaw, unelected, government of traitors and what are gun owners doing about it?

-- Regards, Curly

Curly Surmudgeon

It's interesting you bring that up now, because there was a story in the BBC a couple of days ago with an attitude about it that I didn't understand at all:

I gather there's some tension there, based on what you're saying. That gives me a better idea of why the BBC story mentioned "pom invasion," as if everyone is supposed to understand the reference.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

It appears the American gun owners are rather pre occupied killing each other as often as possible.

Reply to
The Rifleman

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 01:05:48 -0300, with neither quill nor qualm, Curly Surmudgeon quickly quoth:

Stocking ammo and waiting for the day, perhaps?

-- "Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein -=-=-

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 11:45:53 +0100, with neither quill nor qualm, "The Rifleman" quickly quoth:

Ignorance is no excuse on your part. You're 99.9999% wrong. Gun owners don't kill each other or most other people. It's criminals and gangs who found access to guns who do the killing. Bad guys and the cops. Got it?

Well, unless you're counting suicide, which is suicide, not a violent gun crime. And where guns (quick, easy, and hard to back out of once you're committed to trigger movement) are not available, they use razor blades, knives, cliffs, roofs, and any other method they can think of.

Hell, DOCTORS kill more people than guns do here by a 50x margin. Buy a clue, Rifleless.

-- "Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein -=-=-

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 02:38:16 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed Huntress" quickly quoth:

Unarmed Brits are probably the only type of folks they can get to move there now, what with their rapidly growing crime rates since the gun bans.

-- "Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein -=-=-

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Again? Please forgive me, I did not see your request. Unlike you, I respond when asked for cites.

Saturday, August 25, 2007 : Turkish police displayed evidence this week of what they say is the growing black-market trade of weapons of U.S. origin being smuggled across the border from neighboring Iraq. In the border town of Mardin in southeastern Turkey, officers unwrapped 18 Austrian-made Glock pistols and laid them on a table.

Mardin Police Chief Ismet Tasan said the guns were originally donated by the U.S. military to the Iraqi police. The pistols were later sold to arms dealers in northern Iraq for more than $1,500 apiece and then smuggled to Turkey, where they can be resold for prices as high as $5,000.

"Sixty of the 140 guns captured by our team in the last six months are Glocks," Tasan told reporters. "We have observed an increase in the demand for these weapons."

Turkish officials say this seizure is just the tip of the iceberg.

Last month, the Turkish government announced it was finding disturbingly high numbers of weapons of apparent American origin, including Glock pistols, AK-47s and M-16s, in the hands of captured Kurdish separatists from the Kurdistan Workers Party, or PKK.

The PKK has battled the Turkish state since 1984, operating from camps in mountains along the Iraqi border. Both the United States and its NATO ally, Turkey, officially label the PKK a terrorist organization.

"When we searched the origin of the weapons that were seized on some of the terrorists, we noticed that these are the [same] ones given to the Iraqi army," Turkish Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul said in a television interview on July 16. "We asked for clarification from the Americans."

AND

Italian anti-Mafia investigators shadowing possible drug traffickers last year searched a suspect?s luggage as he boarded a flight to Libya and found, not narcotics but helmets, bullet-proof vests and a weapons catalogue. The investigation that followed led to the thwarting of a $40 million ?black channel? deal between Italian arms merchants, a Bulgarian supplier and. . . the Iraqi Interior Ministry.

AND THIS

It seems a virtual certainty that many of the Glocks have been diverted to the black market. An article in the current issue of Newsweek magazine quotes a senior Turkish security official, who said his government estimates that some 20,000 US-bought Glock pistols have been brought from Iraq into his country over the past three years.

Reply to
Stuart Wheaton