Yes! We're #1!

Except when they appoint Senators or Reps..

nick hull
[...]

I wasn't exactly talking about shooting the place up, though I did kinda mention it. I was thinking more that due to all of the things I listed, it isn't too likely politicians even consider gun ownership when making decisions. They only respect the NRA in terms of publicity rather than firepower. As far as knowing who's in charge, the microphone long ago trumped the rifle. For all the guns collectively owned by the misc.survivalism group, one guy who can write a coherent letter and speak well to a crowd without hurling insults everywhere has far more influence. I can't think of any context in US politics where gun ownership is a meaningful factor aside from gun-control laws themselves.

Reply to
B.B.

And those 645 people control an Army, Navy, Air Force, and Police force of millions. Your not going to get to those 645 unless it's by peaceful change.

Reply to
Tony

polls on the news tonight say that 69.9% of aussies have anti american feelings , because of bush and his foregn policies , mainly the iraq war . ( my anti yank feelings are based on watching the fnest of maericans , the soldiers and sailors , running amok during the war games and on shore leave , as well as having to work with a number ... why do you guys talk so bloody LOUD ? )

79% of aussies do not want him here for Apec , there was a higher % were pissed off that he was making life hard in the city because he wanst to come early and leave early , meaning the CBD is fenced off and a no go zone for longer than needed ...

there is similar figures for the importing of skilled workers , after its been impossible to get an aprenticeship almost for ages here , if you DO get one , you cannot live on the pay . as a result , young people got labouring jobs instead where the pay was higher , but there was no future in the job , its just laboring

I did note that there is a lack of published figures of aussies in favor of the third wave of pommy immigration ...

Reply to
Myal

You can create money out of nothing with a bank if you're on the gold standard. The principle is the same, but the "reserve" is harder to obtain.

Reply to
Stuart Grey

darwin in action ... send them more guns and watch them be even freer people ... LOL

Reply to
Myal

Look up Craig for political assassination without bullets ;)

nick hull

Some day I'll attempt to make the case. It's difficult and it's subtle. But I believe it's there, even if we don't recognize it consciously.

The short take on my feeling about the 2nd is that it enables the whole system of rights that goes beyond what government "allows." It's the extreme end; if there is a natural right for citizens to arm themselves, that's the cornerstone of the principle of rights. The rest of the rights follow rather easily once it's acknowledged that individual people have a right to keep and bear the means of deadly force.

Again, the practical meanings of it do not depend on people actually shooting anything or anyone. It's not about threats, and I agree that politicians are not likely to feel threatened by it. It's a matter of how far we go to acknowledge the preeminence of the individual. And that's what separates the basic relationship of citizens and the government; it's the thing that confirms that the government is ours, that it's of and by the people.

People looking in from the outside may not see any significant difference in the way our government actually operates. But you can see it in the terms in which people express pleasure or displeasure with our government. It's qualitatively different from the terms in which people in other democracies discuss their government.

Again, I'm not going to try to make the case for that here or now.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Laugh laugh laugh....serf.

Shall I start providing cites to the ongoing blood bath in the UK?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

60 Glocks is a trend?

Btw...AK-47s are NOT of American origin.

I thought you claimed (or one of your ilk) that 200,000 US supplied arms have disappeared.

Suddenly we are down to 140 arms, of which 60 may or may not be tracable to the US.

Vast and sudden goal post change, no?

Now on the other hand..a rich black market in small arms is hardly unique to Iraq. Skorpian machine pistols keep turning up in the UK...and they damned sure are not US.

So tell me Stuart, in a country where explosive and machineguns may be purchased in any bazzar for very little money...and have been for 30 yrs...this is all Bush/Americas fault?

Speaking of which..I note the IRA used stolen British arms and explosives for many many years. This one also assumes..was Bush/Americas fault?

Laugh laugh laugh

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Getting them is easy. A finger squeeze away.

However..this does not get them to do what you wish.

On the other hand...it may motiviate the survivors/replacements, , to do what you wish.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I figured he counted the Senate twice and forgot the VP.

But, the thrust of his argument is the same; it's a small number of people who actually work the system.

Reply to
Stuart Grey

Last time I looked, Glocks are not U.S. made either (Austrian). The U.S. military, as far as I know (and I could be wrong) uses Beretta.

Jim Chandler

Reply to
Jim Chandler

True enough, but you don't get rid of the blackberry bush by cutting off the tops, new tops just grow back. You gotta get the roots.

Reply to
Stuart Grey

"its too late to work within the system, but not time to shoot the bastards (yet)"

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

True indeed.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Do you have ANY working neurons at all?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Don't bother. He would have to find someone to read them to him.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

How sure are you of that ? ;)

nick hull

Beretta is Italian.

Looks like another case of a liberal (Mr. Wheaton) seeing a problem in the world, and then going through the usual contortions and distortions to "probably" blame the United States. Whatever is wrong, it MUST be America's fault.

Reply to
Stuart Grey