Yes! We're #1!

The pictures definitely inspire envy, in the better sense of the word. Great stuff.

Ignoramus3147

No...collect Mausers by Country. Its much nicer to have say..a 98k or deriviative from each country than simply 98ks. This means you can buy more guns. And the Arisaka isnt a Mauser derivative.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

I dont do pictures..but..you might want to ask Larry J about my stuff...

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 20:16:27 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

Aw, we only looked at 30 or 40 of your closet rifles and pistols. I still haven't seen them all by a wide margin, but there sure was a wide and varied selection we did look at. I only wish I'd had that extra day to go plinking with them. Lotsa fun, either way.

The Machine Gun Shoot is on Monday at my range and I'm going with money in my pocket. Time to play! I tried a 90 round mag in an AK last year and it was also lotsa fun. I think I'll try out the MaDeuce Twins this time, or an M-16 and...

------------------------------------------ Do the voices in my head bother you? ------------------------------------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It was probably not as fun to the AK though.

Reply to
Ignoramus19548

He's about maxed out keeping a handful of us in ammo and staying under the "manufacturer" wire.

Reply to
Rex

Americans are under a false assumption that small arms gun ownership and the Second Amendment will somehow prevent a tyranical government. The government will always have bigger & better firepower. You can't use your 30-06 to fight off rockets and tanks.

Reply to
Tony

Oh good.

Hmm. Need to look at the mechanism again; they certainly borrowed some ideas.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Yeah, because if there's one thing Iraq has taught the world, it's that small arms are completely ineffective against a modern army.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

That's why they are stockpiling a billion missles?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

RCM only

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 19:50:46 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tony" quickly quoth:

Those plus actually moving against a tyranny will. Thinking won't cut it.

Look what a few terrorists are doing in Iraq right now and try to tell me that. And, over here, it is possible for one terrorist to keep an entire police force (or ten) busy, as our last sniper did.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

most US casualties have been from IED's not small arms. And explosives are not protected under the 2nd Admendment.

besides you miss the point, the Second Admendment is a Mittyesque fantasy in the current day & age.

In the unlikey event of a Red Dawn scenario, weapons are easily obtained by theft from military, black market, or supplied by sympathizers both foreign & domestic.

Reply to
Tony

True.

However..they can be used to kill the crews, the officers, the support and supply tail and the politicians who sent them.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Of course. Also check out the Lebel and the Carcano..which is far closer to the Arisaka.

Paul Mauser was a VERY ingenious fellow. He ranks right up there in the Big Three with John Moses Browning and Hirum Maxim

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

its their cult , dont dis- illusion them

Reply to
Myal

If you mean we don't drill on the village green these days, and that a bunch of Minutemen hiding behind stone fences aren't going to stop an invading army, that's right. But don't be so quick to dismiss the importance of it. It's still the most significant indicator of a government in which the people hold the ultimate power. And it's not without some cautionary weight.

It's not something you want to count on, especially if the alternative is an already-armed population.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

But the psychology behind it has proven to be the most effective force in history in keeping a civilian-controlled government, and military, from getting out of hand.

Wherever you're from (Australia, perhaps?), your history can't match it in that regard. It's either shorter (Australia), intermitantly failed (all of continental Europe except for Switzerland), or weaker.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I admire the thinking behind it , seriously . Its kept people thinking they are free and able to take matters into their own hands if they dont like whats going on ....

while keeping them toing the line patrioticaly and not doing anything about it at all even tho they dont like whats going on ...

I seriously do admire the way people are farmed by governments , kept in line , made to pay their taxes , give their lives for their politicians careers etc ... and still leave the individuals thinking they are actually worth something and their lives matter

I live in Aus , the govt here Id argue is better than there , since it acieves the same end with way less "rights" extended to the people

Reply to
Myal

Not only "can" but in the event they are needed, they will be used. And to good effect.

Richard Edwards IYAAYAS

Reply to
Richard J. Edwards

Yup and at least 500 of em capable and competent enough to be able to uise one safely, Giving the average american a gun is no different to giving a baby a razor blade to play with :o)

Reply to
The Rifleman