Subject Author Posted Replies

Why filinig for a patent?
After reading a lot of sources on US Patenting process I came to a conclusion that a patent will not protect your in any way from infringement. (Unless you have a bunch of lawyers on salary, of...
27
27

W Boston: New Shop Needs Everything
New model shop west of Boston looking for good Bridgeport or other R8 machine, 10" 5C capable screw cutting lathe,(does not have to be gearhead) various tooling, bandsaw, vacuum pump and chamber,...
1
1

Iron Fever - NEW Model Engineering Expo (Updated 3 Aug 2003)
Many of you may already know about this, but the Schoenly's, organizers of Cabin Fever have started *TWO* new Model Engineering Expositions. The first of these, Iron Fever, will be held in York,...

drilling 'actual' sized holes with HSS drill bits
have enough experience to know that a given-size drill bit (hss) won't neccessarily 'yield' a drilled hole the same size as the drill bit IS, due to whatever factors. those factors might be: point...
17
17

Kurt vise FA on eBay
Hard to tell from the bad pic, but I would assume this is a decent deal. Until you read the fine print about the shipping charges. Rick, who is sure this has to be a typo...
2
2

OT (sort of) Can't miss meet coming up in Minnesota
For anyone interested in hot air or Stirling engines, there is a "can't miss" meet coming, August 15, 16 & 17. For some reason this is one of the best kept secrets, anywhere. But, this ought to fill...

Favorite 3 Lathe
I own a Swiss made Favorite 3 Lathe that is no longer made and I am looking for the following parts for it: 1) Milling attachment (F20) 2) 6 jaw chuck (F10648) 3) Ring collets, internal grip, set of 4...

WTD: Acu-Rite 16" Scale
Looking for a good used 16" Acu-Rite DRO Scale, with 6 pin round connector. If you have one or know of one, email me with details and price? Thanks Marty

Silver tea service set -- metal questions
Today, I bought the following tea service set at a garage sale: paid $25 for it. The seller told me that it was made of solid sterling silver, bt I did not believe him (and hence got my price instead...
24
24

Looking for Sargon Prospector 662 manual
I went to Sargons page and found one for the 650 but not the 662. I need to know the operations part of it. If one of you would have a copy you could pdf and send me I would greatly appreciate it....
1
1

Miller Synchrowave 180 SD for sale
Is this list a good place to sell stuff? I have a Miller Synchrowave 180SD for sale, with nearly-full argon cylinder, torch, long power supply cord, torch, rolling cart etc. It is barely used,...

need nut and bolt supplier
I used a lot of nuts and bolts of various grades, and my local source is very expensive. I would like to purchase this hardware by the pound, is there an internet site where this hardwre can be...
4
4

4-jaw chuck "runout" (?)
I don't know if this is "runout", but my 4-jaw chuck doesn't hold stock straight. When stock is centered at the jaws, it isn't centered away from the jaws . It's eccentric. It took a piece of 1" round...
1
1

Reparing cast iron
I've got an old woodworking machine that needs fixed. Has anyone use Muggy Weld 72 or 77?

was someone selling a 1020 rivett lathe in fla
i thought i saw a post of a 1020 for sale in fla