Subject Author Posted Replies

What to look for and what to avoid in a hobby lathe or milling machine
It's been 30 years since I last used a lathe or milling machine. I now need something that can do small scale machining (2 to 40 mm) of fibreglass/epoxy and the occasional bit of stainless steel. Slow...
5
5

Electric Jack Hammer
Bought an el cheapo import 60#. The manual, such as it is, say to use Shell ROTELLA #40 [engine oil can also be used]. The oil supplied looked much heavier than 40 weight, more like the old 90 wt. we...
4
4

election leftovers
Don't know if you folks know I farm for my real job. My supplier called up yesterday and told me he had an extra three semi loads of manure, 30 tons, left over from the election. Anyway, I spend...
13
13

Metal flashlight review
Review, by our list's very own. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus . The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Use mine for security and night building check

Lawn Guyland needs more metal power lines repaired
Thurs Nov 08, 2012 has a length of 132 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 26 characters: By Wednesday night, the winds had caused more than 100,000 new power...

Carbon brushes
HELLO, I am looking for carbon brushes to fit a 9.6v hand drill. I finding this supplier here. Can i use one of that carbon brushes here - 'Carbon Brushes' ()? The hand drill is one of the expensive...
5
5

What is it? Set 466
This week's set has been posted: Rob
33
33

Almost let all the magic smoke out
I have a motor on a stand that I mount wire wheels, nylon abrasive brush wheels, Scotch Brite wheels, etc. The motor is not totally enclosed so it draws abrasive dust and metal dust through it. I have...
8
8

30 signs that the US economy is about to go into the toilet
31. The foreign born fascist got reelected. 30 Signs That The U.S. Economy Is About To Go Into The Toilet (Text trimmed, and some conservative wisdom by CY.) If you think the U.S. economy is bad now,...
11
11

Can you still lift your wife?
Just curious. I mean a full lift horizontally. Not vertically when hugging. i
9
9

Final Voyage
The USS Enterprise, the world's first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, pulled into its home port for the final time Sunday, before heading for Puget Sound Naval Shipyard to be scrapped. Things...
8
8

Shelton #9 wood plane parts needed
Digging around in my Stacks O Stuff..I dug out a Shelton #9 smoothing plane Id picked up at a yard sale a year or so ago. I noticed the "Y" adjusting lever and the lateral lever is missing, so it wont...
6
6

Blatant Spam: 1/4-20x3-14" carriage bolts for sale
I have 16 boxes of 550 ea. that I would like to sell, any and all. CHEAP!
4
4

Gasoline "additives": kerosene in gasoline?
Awl -- I recently became aware that fuel injector cleaner is basically kerosene..... !! It's also clear that alcohol is freely mixible in gasoline. In fact, indicates a wide variety of stuff in...
14
14

Donating to NYC
The folks in NYC must need a LOT of stuff like food, matches, camping fuel, etc. Is there a process to donate supplies, which will be given to needy folks, with minimum of theft, or diversion? I...
119
119