Subject Author Posted Replies

video of tiny 12 cylinder diesel
Friend sent this to me, and I thought some here would like it: Regards, Carl Ijames http://www.wimp.com/tiniestengine
6

Rivets
I thought I would try to rivet some of my pieces. Efforts to make my own small (1/8") rivets were somewhat indifferent. Getting mild steel rivets here is a bit of a problem but someone kindly sent me...
43
43

Aircraft Carrier Catapult
I've always wondered how the slit in the steam launch tube was sealed around the sliding yoke that the shuttle is attached to. I finally found out. It's on page 4-16. Very clever. Art
2
2

Paralleling phase converters?
I have read here that some folks use more than one phase converter in their shops and just turn on more converters as the load increases. Are these rotary converters connected in parallel? If so, is...
16
16

Hard Starting Honda Lawnmower
I have a Honda HRC215 lawnmower. It's a very nice machine, but became impossible to start. The symptoms were that: Over time it would get harder and harder to start, eventually becoming impossible to...
8
8

Amazing Light & Reusable Glow Stick
don't see what's the advantage of glow in the dark stuff that is solar charged. Most of the glow in the dark stuff I've used, isn't bright enough. What use might we find for this product? Anything?...
8
8

OT - Blue Rhino proprietary valve
the new Blue Rhino valves are designed so other suppliers can't fill the tanks. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus . I had posted this information on the Appliances forum in a thread about...
4
4

OW
I was using the radial arm drill this afternoon to drill a couple 3/4 holes in 1/2 inch plate. I needed to copy the hole spacing on a part I'd ruined so I clamped it to the plate with a couple vice...
16
16

Drilling a deep straight hole
I need to make a drill extension guide to finish a project. I want to use a .090 end mill to manually peck drill a hole in angled face deep in the cavity of a mold. I can get a shot at it with a long...
15
15

heat treat queries
I bought a VERY old heat treat oven quite a long while back... I'd like to check that it is reasonably calibrated before heat treating this part. Is there some sort of thermocouple and high temp wire...
9
9

Hypereutictic aluminum alloy expansion coefficient
I've always been told that one of the cool things about hypereutectic aluminum alloy is that its thermal expansion coefficient is significantly lower than plain ol' aluminum, which makes it a handy...
6
6

How do welding shade numbers add up? Eclipse viewing.
Direct from NASA, who also gave us Global Warming. So, you're steering people into buying the cardboard and mylar eclipse viewing glasses from the Dollar Tree, are ya? I'll take my chances with...
7
7

need cheap tach
I put a on my tractors five years ago. Very useful. It wore out the battery and i got another. the new one desn't work because it picks up signals from all spark plugs. I just got off the phone with...
22
22

Male Professionals with Higher Ethical Standards Earn Less
MAY 14, 2012 Male Professionals with Higher Ethical Standards Earn Less Although companies have focused greater attention on the need for ethical practices over the past few decades, male business...
6
6

What is it? Set 441
I need some help with the second last item in this week's set: Rob
18
18