Subject Author Posted Replies

Questions about InecoBasic Pipe Bending Machine
Is anyone familiar with this machine, or the Yaskawa VS-mini J7 VFD it uses?
6
6

Rivett lathe
i guy just called to offer an old Rivett lathe. Looks like a monarch 10EE clone. I see the variable speed drive is way different: this work well? Other comments on this machine. It will be a house...
4
4

Using an old three phase DC welder from single phase?
Let's say I have a big old three phase DC welder that was supposed to have three phase input (and has a three phase transformer and three phase rectifier). If I use it from just one phase (hook up two...
10
10

Bridgeport Repair in IL?
Anyone know of a good source for Bridgeport repairs in IL? 630 area code to be specific? Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: Spindle Drills: Tapping:...
1
1

water pipe corrosion
My fittings on the six inch underground irrigation system are rusting out. I'm digging up the third one as soon as parts come. This is a totally awful terrible job. Unless you like doing Mexican...
23
23

Do DC caps have an AC rating?
Awl -- Got some boards with bigazz 350 VDC caps. Don't quite understand the DC rating, as caps don't pass DC, but can be used to smooth rectified AC, etc. Are DC caps really different from AC caps?...
10
10

how to clamp pipe vertically to milling table?
Hi. A newbie sort of question here: I want to clamp a sort section of 2" pipe vertically to my milling table, and then use a boring bar set to increase it's ID a tad. (I don't have access to a lathe.)...
5
5

Shrinker/Stretcher
Anyone out there with opinions on quality of different Shrinker/Stretchers?
4
4

Tin Coating on old meat grinders
Those old cast iron kitchen hand-cranked grinders, sausage stuffers, etc are all silver. I have some that the coating is in pretty sorry shape & they need a re-coat. Am I correct in assuming it is...
11
11

Please do not hate me for this
special attention to the "winning bid" field. It is in my truck now. i eBay Mobile
31
31

Dos and Donts
--Many moons ago I remember something my old boss said about things he refused to work on. They included rotorcraft and some other stuff that were just too liability-prone for a small shop to attempt....
7
7

Off topic
Hi, I just subscribed to this newgroup since I am interested in metal working. To my surprise most of the subjects are political, at least a great number of them. Being a non US resident (Dutch in...
11
11

OT? 2 men severely burned when spark ignites oil tank
local story. huh, the first time i read this story i thought it said they were cutting an oil tank. 2 men severely burned when spark ignites oil tank By Paul Brooks also by Stephen Sacco Published:...
7
7

Simple Green dilution for pressure washer?
Can Simple Green Concentrate be used with a pressure washer? Web search wasn't much help... If so, should it be diluted? Hope to use it with a 2700 psi pressure washer. (Yes, Simple Green makes...
8
8

Check the fine print!
The clause, which only affected customers placing orders on April 1st, still appears in the site's Terms & Conditions, apparently as a warning to those who skip the fine print: ? By placing an order...
1
1