Subject Author Posted Replies

PICTURES of writing letters with 6013 welding rod
to all who made some helpful suggestions in the welding newsgroup. After burning a couple of dozen of E6013 welding rods, I finally made some progress in writing with 6013. I used approximately 80...

whats the difference between an AC Ignition coil and a DC one?
Im puttering around with the 1974 Honda XL 350...and the coil puts out a weak spark...It may have something to do with the fact the lead wire to the plug is only held on with the internal wire..the...
27
27

Simple Machines: three or six?
OK, the Kid Down The Street came to me with a project. He has to make something with all SIX(!) simple machines. So, I said to him, "There are only THREE simple machines. The lever, the wheel and the...
58
58

Need Haas 5C Rotary Servo Controller Manual
I have a manual for an older Haas 5C Rotary Indexer (stepper controller) but need one for the newer 5C Servo Controller. Link shows excerpt from the manual I have and stitched photo of the controller...
3
3

Rust removers
New Member here! Hello all! Anyone have a cheap (reasonable) recipe for a chemical rust remover that can be used in removing medium to heavy rust? I'm always restoring or reclying something that has...
25
25

Obtaining 460v from a "480 -> 240" ACME Transformer
I have a plasma cutter that is slightly broken (Hypertherm 600 with cracked torch-to-machine plug). The plasma cutter is 460 v only. (no kidding). So it sat in my shed for a few years as I had no...
20
20

DIY Coolant Pump For Milling
I've been playing with a Taig 2019 mini mill for a while now, and its fun, but for hogging out any real amounts of metal I need to keep a constant spray of oil on my cutter. WD-40 works pretty darn...
24
24

HF 15% coupon 3 days
Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Machining videos
of 10 videos, 30-40 minutes each. Beginner/novice level, but well done. Better than some of the DVD's at SmartFlix & free. Bob

Welding positioner for the working poor
When I weld some things, such as especially pipes, but other things also, I often want to hold then relatively firmly in a certain way. The limit would be something like 10 lbs weight. What I want is...
26
26

Mythbusters stuff
--Remember the time they tried to make an I.C. engine run on gunpowder? A bunch of us were talking about this the other day and we seemed to have vague memories of this actually working once, maybe in...
38
38

how to accurately grind 60 degree lathe bits
Hi fellow home shop machinists, Can somebody please refer me to a link on how to accurately grind 60 degree lathe bits. Consistancy is what I'm looking for. I need to grind several single cut...
26
26

Steve Lusardi
Your email is not working. I got a message from your mail server "cannot relay to "
1
1

ENCO free-shipping code for November?
? Thanks, Bob

MIG and Arc differences
Hi all - started my welding unit, first time with a MIG welder - WOW!!! what FANTASTIC machines. Only trouble is, my LCD helmet, with a fixed setting of DIN 13 goes so dark I cant see the weld line -...
3
3