Subject Author Posted Replies

Recount day
We recounted about 12,000 votes from 30 precincts yesterday. We had two teams of three and each team had an auditor to supervise. The procedure was to sort the votes from one precinct into piles, one...
42
42

Cool little staple gun project
I need an air staple gun to shoot an 18ga., 1/4" crown, by 1/2" length. But, the driver has to protrude 1/2" past the end of the nose. Of course, there's nothing like that available, nor is there a...
12
12

OT: Makin' Money?
First, I apologize for another OT post. I did put "OT: " in the subject for all who do not wish to read OT posts. Some time back I stated that I expected the Dow to reach about $7500. Today it dropped...
23
23

Chuck Safety
One our customers recently had an operator that left the chuck key in the chuck and started the spindle. They asked us to provide a solution and here is what it looks like. We have installed 20 of...
38
38

79 men load gun
Here are some guys loading a gun, it is a large gun and should appeal to you machine types......
11
11

SPI brand drill chuck
Enco has an SPI keyless drill chuck on sale that I'm interested in: have any experience with SPI stuff? Thanks, Bob BTW - the tinyurl was created with the FireFox plugin. Quite neat: right click on...
3
3

What is it? Set 259
We need help from a Civil War expert for the first piece in this week's set: Rob What is it?
47
47

a little OT - anyone want some automotive repair books
these don't have ebay value, but I think there are enough folks here that could use them that I'll rile up the trolls and offer them - four books, soft cover, as follows: Petersen's Basic Chassis,...

Fabricating Camera Optical Equipment Lens Adapters
I've had no luck trying to locate information, adapters or lenses for miniature cameras with NF mount lenses. The NF designation isn't related to the thread style, but instead is a miniature version...
49
49

ER 16 Collet Size Problems
I picked up a Taig 2019 mini mill recently, and have been using it to do some CNC engravng while I learned how to use my software and get a feel for my machine. Mostly I used some 1/8" shaft stuff to...
7
7

Caution: Metal Content
Well, San Diego was awesome. Had a nice visit with friends, struck a few golf balls for the first time since I broke my back, and got to ride in the Ferrari. "the Ferrari" is a 1968 206 GT Ferrari...
1
1

New bracelet jewelry site
A friend of mine has been making bracelets for years and decided to try her hand branching out and selling on the Internet. So far interest has been high, she was even on CNBC "Big Ideas with Donny"!...

Browning spur gears & collars
I have these Browning gears YSS2050, YSS2018, YSS2016. I think they came with a lathe that I bought that is long gone. Anyone have any ideas? The split threaded collars are marked 81, 51 and 20. Same...

Wire brush in the WRONG hands!
I was showing my young nephew how to clean-up some small parts with a crimped wire cup brush in my drill press. He was just infatuated with the way rust and crud were replaced with bright shiny metal....
44
44

mill vises
I want to pick up a mill vise for little bro who inherited my old mill/drill. Over 10 yrs ago I got the Enco vise, but it was so crooked I returned it and got a Kurt. I don't know if the Enco's are...
7
7