Subject Author Posted Replies

A tiny swivel lamp
Warning: metal content. This is about a dirt-simple cheap way to make a ball swivel for a little single-LED aimable task light. About a 1.5 meg download with photos.
5
5

Seeking Decent Precision Screwdriver Set
I have a POS set something like this: but would prefer something which won't keep falling apart. Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money? TIA
40
40

Help cutting aluminum panel
Metalworking newbie here, but accomplished Electrical Engineer.... What would I need if I wanted to punch holes (some small diameter round, and a square hole) with reasonably sharp, or tight radius...
22
22

Looking for Source for small thrust bearings
skf? fag? Grainger? NNT? What's the application? When I'm trying to design something that the parts for aren't available, I almost always find that someone has a smarter way to do what I'm trying to...
10
10

Gunner's Christmas tree - DEFINITLY metalworking
11
11

OT: Can't find Outlook Express
Is that so bad a thing? Wes
26
26

masonry heater doors
I'm planning to build what they call a masonry heater or Finnish heater. A problem is the cast iron doors required cost $800 and up. I'm an OK welder and I have plenty of scrap plate around. I'm...
16
16

on the subject of Plasma cutters and flame cutting
I had a guy call my shop the other day, looking to get a peice of 1.5" cast iron cut. My unit wouldn't do it. MAX -80, I suggested Oxy-Fuel, and he said you can't do that. Why can't you burn cast...
6
6

What is it? CCIX
Set number 209 has just been posted: Rob What is it?
37
37

DRO toast?
The Digital readout on the series 1 Bridgport mill wouldn't light up this morning. It's not a power problem, it gets juice all the way to the internal transformer. Anyone know of anyone who can...
5
5

Message no longer available
If I'm not responding to something addressed to me, it's because I'm getting "Message no longer available on the server" messages for about half of RCM. The same thing happened after our last sporge...
13
13

New tool
Check out this new tool and tell me what you think?
6
6

Ping: Cavelamb
I'm in Vegas. Want any more stainless?
4
4

Special taps and dies
A short time ago a poster was looking for a special tap. I just got an email about this company. I don't know anything about this company, but at least a source for "Acme, Acme sets,Tandem Acmes,2G,...
2
2

Shopping at McMasters
Wire brushes. - Tom Gardner Karl