Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

3 ph Welder from rotary convertor?
Evening all, Has anyone run a 3 phase welder from a rotary single to three phase convertor? It seems that secondhand 3ph TIG sets are much cheaper and more abundent than single phase ones. I have a...
7
7

Oilite Bearings go Bust
Just spotted this in the local rag: Bearings Ltd, formerly part of the maganese Bronze Group went into administration on Monday. Like everything else, demand is low right now, and I suppose there is...

Colchester Chipmaster
I have the opportunity to acquire a Chipmaster from a local engineering shop as the starting point for my workshop. I have looked at which is a fountain of good knowledge. It looks like it is a good...
10
10

stauffer lubricator
Would anyone have a Stauffer lubricator (grease cup) for sale, or know of a manufacturer or supplier? I'm specifically after a #7 size in cast iron. (2.5'' diameter) Failing that then the closest to...
1
1

Window Frame Problem
Doing the re-roofing of the house, only been waiting to do it for 20+ years! Anyway, we have all the double-glazed windows etc etc, BUT one window is missing its frame. The makers don't want to know,...
5
5

Whatis Certal 7022 ?
Question as title : I recently came across a reference to this grade of aluminium and couldn't find any info on it in eg Wikipedia so wondered if anyone here has any info ? As an aside, can anyone...
1
1

Find it all
Find it all

Elf and safety
Check out: 9PM. From the trailer it could make for interesting viewing... Regards, Tony Categories - All 4
10
10

Test-no reply required
Testing visibility of posts after resetting OE Newsgroups.
4
4

Cry for help?
as it says,or just trying to help the poor unread get their writings to a wider audience? No offence David,just initial thoughts when I saw the advert on "Information Books/Magazines Hi There I have...

Dremel nut thread question
Hi, I've stupidly lost the collet chuck from my BeanQueue dremelloid rotary tool and I wondered if Dremels' collet nut kit 4485 will fit. If anyone has a genuine Dremel and can tell mw the thread on...
8
8

MT2/B12 Drill Chuck Arbor
I have a new Rhom drill ckuck with a B12 taper that I would like to use with a draw bar in my mill (MT2 taper spindle). I have tried all the usual suspects (including Chronos, ArcEuro, Chester, RDG)...

Help with building the tie machine
People keep telling me that there is a recession currently, but I think the reverse is true. No sooner than I get one job complete two more replace them. I'm getting something of a backlog of jobs on...
4
4

Anyone Build a Yadro lately?
Hi All, This is my first post here.I=92m LT LOO from Malaysia, lately I'm on volunteer list to help some engineering vocational school student with their annual school project. With limited of money...
6
6

Tadco Autogard 250
I have recently aquired a Tadco Autogard 250 tapping device with a No2 Morse Taper shank. Before I bust any taps can anybody tell me how they work. Does this device slip when a suitable torque is...
3
3