Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Chequer Plate
Posted to Stationary Engine and Model Engineering newsgroups. Does anyone know of a supplier that can supply larger sheets of ali chequer plate in 5-bar pattern than 3048mm x 1524mm? London Metal Co...
1
1

Easier way of putting multiple centres in bar end
Hi, I am making a crankshaft for a Chunn Twin model aeroplane engine. This is an inline alternate firing twin and the crankshaft needs 3 centres inline on each end for turning the cranks and journals....
3
3

3/8" ground steel bar (silver steel)
Anyone got any spare or have a cheap source? Doesn't have to be silver steel as I'm not hardening it but that's the most common steel in ground form. It does have to be cock on 3/8" though. J&L want a...
6
6

Parallel 'turning' a square bar
I've got a bar around 20mm square and 90mm long. I want it reasonably parallel along its length. I dont have a mill, so it need to be done in the 4-jaw of the lathe. Set it in the chuck, skim the...
7
7

Green Steam Engine
This site was discovered by a south African member on the Oldengine group. No one on the OE group has heard of this idea so I thought this was a suitable group to ask! See look forward to your...
17
17

Diamond sandpaper
Does anyone know where to but diamond sandpaper? Sheets, not disks. I'm not looking for a lot. Thanks Peter Fairbrother
13
13

Worn Myford ML7 Cone Pulley
I've got a Myford ML7 Tri-Leva which over the past few months has developed a "knock" and I wonder if anyone can offer some advice. I recently changed the rather old drive belts as I thought that they...
1
1

Something missing methinks
Spotted this lathe old bench mounted lathe in "working order" eBay Mobile
4
4

tracy tools
tracy tools have moved and are now at unit 1 parkfield industrial estate barton hill way torquay TQ2 8JG telephone no 01803 328603
2
2

Myford ML7
While having a clear out I found a receipt for a ML7 I purchased from Reeves when they were down the Mossesly Rd. in Brum 1962 Cash Price £94.00 Deposit £24.0 12 Months @ £6.13.0 Charges £9.16.0...
4
4

Tracy Tools
have they fallen off the map? Got the phone number from their website, phoned it, got a "this number has changed, phoned the new one as advised and it was unobtainable. Are they still there? Mind, I...
4
4

Ideas to cut thick plastic
Hello all, I have these thick (1/2-1.00") plastic laminates that I am currently cutting with a band saw using the finest tooth blade I can get. I was curious if anybody has a better method. Typically...
3
3

OT: Mobo maker builds 'powerless' processor cooling fan
I'm hoping folks here will find this interesting : about you chaps, but I just love it when really old concepts find an ultra modern use. AC
5
5

thinning tube
Any hints, tips, tricks or links for thinning tube, by spinning or otherwise, to about 1/6th of it's diameter? (inconel 718 seamless tube, ~ 1/2" od, thin walled) Thanks, Peter Fairbrother
14
14

myford super7 3 phase conversion (again)
I'd like to convert my Super 7 to 3 phase. I think I will go the inverter route. Can anyone point me at a solution that won't require a lot of electrical troubleshooting. I haven't got 3 phase to the...
6
6