Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Installing a Super ML7
I'm preparing to mount a Super ML7 on a standard Myford industrial lathe stand. In order to prepare a concete pad for the stand to sit on, I need to know the minimum distance d (see plan view below)...
20
20

Interact auto lube question
I am wondering if the auto lube system on the Bridgeport interact could do with either a clean or adjustment. There never seems to be much oil on the table ways, I do however get a light spray of oil...
3
3

Stationary Engine information request
I picked up this engine at a club auction and would like to find any information and drawings if possible. It is a nice twin cylinder engine and is nearly complete. I would like to complete it and get...
12
12

Murchey Die Head
I have been given a Murchey Die Head and several sets of Dies. I have never used one of these, just a die in the tailstock holder. Any advise/instructions from the more knowledge members would be...

Christmas Edition MEW
Not impressed with the cover, nor the Arceurotrade advert. Also note the "smart...witty?" editorial comment about it on p10. Is this a sign of falling standards?
3
3

ER40 backplate mounted chuck
No connection in any way whatsoever to the company, but I just noticed on the back of this month's rag that Chester are doing a 5" ER40 backplate-mounted chuck, including nut and spanner for 28 quid...
2
2

Gib problem on X2
I recently bought a second hand Sieg X2 Mill. Supposedly 7 months old. The seller said that he had changed all of the screws for "real" ones. Whilst I have done some work on it I have not been happy...
1
1

Chinese scale and suds
Yes, we all know the two don't mix or, if they do it's fatal. Last night I was milling a component for Simplex with the rotary table in a different place to usual and didn't notice that it was...
5
5

Tap destructor fluid
Having spent a fruitless half hour in Google I could use some help please (as usual!). I am refurbishing an old Marbaix destructor. Can anyone tell me what are the properties of the coolant it needs...
11
11

Gear pump clearances
I'm in the process of sketching out a gear pump to provide a gallon per minute of cutting oil to a gun drill. It'll have 1.5" OD gears and run at about 1000rpm and generate approx 100-200 psi max,...
9
9

Self-aligning thrust ball bearings
Anyone know where I can get some self-aligning thrust ball bearings? Through shaft is 20mm, rest is negotiable. -- Peter Fairbrother
2
2

Lathe bed
Don`t suppose any of you guys have seen a large lathe bed or lathe lying about not at least 10ft bc x 20"c.h. or capable of being packed up to that or 12ft long for a bare bed. Finders fee available....
4
4

Internal thread cutting advice needed
Hello again! I need to cut an M21 x 1 internal thread. I am getting a suitabl insert type tool from a contact at work. So...I have never done any threadcutting before on my ML7. Can anyon give a good...
31
31

Piercing saw blades - grades and TPI ?
Hi all. Getting generally confused about tooth pitch on Piercing saw blades - suppliers generally give grades such as 3,2,1,0 and then 1/0 to 6/0 - getting finer (assumedly higher TPI) as you go along...
6
6

Christmas Edition MEW
Rather nice cover on this one. Haven't checked the contents yet. Peter
28
28