A commercial plug

Hi Folks
I know that I'm going to get shot down for this one but here goes, my nephew...or more accurately my wifes nephew has been beavering away
building his web site at www.engineeringsupplies.co.uk he is a distributor for Kennametal.
During the testing phase of going live on the site I volunteered to post a message here to try and get some feedback on the way his site worked.
Well I forgot!
So I am posting this somewhat late as the site is now up and running, Simon (the nephew) would still like any feedback, positive or negative, of course he would like some orders as well.......
If he gets rakes in loads of sales from this post I'll screw a curry and a few pints out of him.
Anyone in the Hamilton area can of course walk in to the counter.
Right, I'll get my jacket and duck behind the wall now.
Merry Christmas to all!
Richard

Taps ...blue ring, green ring ...what's all that about ?
there should be some explanation guide there .
do we assume the taps are made by kennametal ......no make mentioned.
there are also no dies....and split metric button dies ..is what I'm short of.
The first page of taps and dies should show metric first as default not BSP
all the best.markj
Mark (still aboard Epsilon) writes .........

A quick Google produced this, which might answer both questions
http://www.guhring.com/taps.shtml
Mike
--
Mike Whittome.

'All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.' Dumas.

Click on the "More Info" button.
Tony
Rich wrote:

Contains the howler <metric course threads>!!
Rich wrote:

I'm not a professional machinist so its likely that my feedback is irrelevant, but just in case it helps... I looked at Carbide Inserts and was totally confused. I saw a great many illustrations, page after page of them, that all looked the same. The designations were all very similar too, so I had to look at "More info" to glean the significant differences. And even then it wasn't obvious. Why not have just one illustration of each generic tip type, with a list of the variations and applications. Then, if I'm looking for a specific parting tip, for example, I can go straight to the type and then quickly find the most suitable for my application. When I'm surfing to buy, I want to get information quickly - I don't want to wade through lots of similar pictures when a list would do the job much more efficiently. Professionals tell us that time is money, so presumably they don't want to waste it by downloading lots of unnecessary pictures.
--
Regards, Gary Wooding

Well you did ask so please don`t be offended. Another crap site lands on the net. Taps,no mention of manufacturer on the first one I looked at.Why should I have to call to find out what they are trying to sell. Clearance items.Click it and it asks you to send them an email telling them what you want and they will get back to you with a price.Not the way it`s normally done. Not the kind of company or site I would want to waste time on.. Mark.

And spammed from an anonymous poster who clearly wasn't asking for feedback as he hasn't even hung around to answer comments.
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 14:42:29 +0000, Cliff Ray

Sorry folks I'm still here and reading all that you have said and have passed yer comments to them on to Simon via email, I have just phoned him and he is claiming to have "man flu" so hasn't been reading his email.
The only reason I haven't said anything was that I thought is considered poor etiquette to reply to your own post?
My Hotmail address is there to be used if anyone wants to and I don't think that makes me an anonymous spammer and my comments are posted to this group only ...no others, the only reason I use that one (address) is to stop ME getting spammed!
If anyone wants to speak directly to me feel free...
Cheers and please keep the comments coming....he asked for it and now he find out what people really think.
Richard