a general request for advice or assistance

Hi there

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this message, but hope someone here might be able to point me in the right direction. I am a fine art grad student at Goldsmiths College in London. My work is quite varied, and up to now I have been doing all the design-work myself, outsourcing the fabrication to a number of external parties. This has been quite problematic to say the least and I am now desperate to find a better solution!

Basically, this message is a request for assistance! I am looking for someone with an engineering or inventing background (?possibly retired or semi-retired) who has the time to offer advice or work with me on a number of new and varied projects. Currently I am working on designs for various automated devices, a drinks dispenser, and various hydroponic and biospheric systems, acoustic devices & ambient light projections. Ideally it would be great to meet someone who was also interested in automation, computer control and logic. I see this as potentially a very open and relaxed arrangement. And if someone were to be interested, they could take on any role from occasional mentor, collaborator or co-designer through to part-time fabricator. Although limited, obviously I do have some funding for this. Particularly I am looking for someone with great practical knowledge who is foremost a skilled trouble-shooter and problem-solver - someone who knows how to go about getting things done and who to approach to do it. These unfortunately are my weaknesses!

Obviously I want to meet someone who shares my interests, enjoys a good challenge and is enthusiastic about contemporary art!

Please get back to me by email if you (or perhaps someone you know) might be interested in discussing this further,

Many thanks and best wishes

Adam

Department of Visual Arts Goldsmiths College

E: adam_a snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk I:

adam_a_a

--Aha! Drink dispensers, eh? Last week I saw a "slide show" of bots that had been entered in the world's first robotic bartender contest. Event was held, IIRC, in Amsterdam. If you're looking for collaborators you might want to get in touch with an organization with the improbable name of dorkbot.org , aka "people doing strange things with electricity". Interesting group and they have branches around the globe.

Reply to
steamer