Centec 2B horizontal milling machine

Gentlemen,

At the moment this is only curiosity, tomorrow I am collecting a Centec 2B horizontal mill for my workshop and I am wondering if anyone knows of a vertical head attachment that maybe available in the near future. I have a Mill /drill that I find adequate but it would be nice to have the mill complete.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

They are always expensive - usually a lot more than the whole of th

rest of the mill.

Nice mint one in the for sale section of lathes.co.uk

Given its condition it is not a bad price

-- Myford Mat

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Myford Matt's Profile:

this thread:

Myford Matt

I have got brain fade, its a 2A no B but according to the original catalogues its the same for both, saw the one on LATHES which would make it

14 times what I paid for the complete mill in good working order with cutters, vice and Centec grinding head and support bracket £60.00 the lot. I will rely on my Mill drill instead.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

You're right it is the same for 2A/B - I've got a 2A.

It's a real shame the vertical heads are so expensive. I watched good, but inferior one at the same price on the Home and Worksho Machinery website for a few months thinking they'll never shift it, bu they did.

Pretty much most of the value of a Centec mill is in the vertical head Great news if you are after a horizontal mill, otherwise you need to di deep. That said, they are fabulously well made - nothing really lik them available now

-- Myford Mat

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Myford Matt's Profile:

this thread:

Myford Matt

I sold an air operated version of this mill for £50, the vertical head made £500 Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Could have bought a second-hand Bridgy for that much!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Exactly what I did, but for £200, and its perfect, DRO and 48" bed, varispeed head. Tom senior will go soon............ watch this space !!!

Reply to
Emimec

Well for many of us space and weight is as important as cost. I live i

a second floor flat. A Bridgy is out of the question. Just getting a 2 up the stairs was fun enough

-- Myford Mat

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Myford Matt's Profile:

this thread:

Myford Matt

Rubbish. I fetched a Bridgy out from 4 floors up

[ Mind you we did take the 17 tonner with hiab up in the lift ]
Reply to
John Stevenson

If you haven't carried your mill up stairs you're not serious abou

having it... :-

-- Myford Mat

this thread:

Myford Matt