Christmas

Engineers of all nations

My dear wife has interrupted my workshop time (damn cheek!)to tell me that's there's some sort of celebration planned for tomorrow. She also says I should wish all scroats, old and new, a merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous(ha!)new year. Can I get back to my work now dear?

Best regards to all. Bah humbug!

Reply to
Chris Edwards

er way!" =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0

As a fully fleged scroat thank you and I wish you and all other scroats the very best and many happy returns to the workshop Alan

Reply to
jackary

I am absolutely certain, beyond any shadow of doubt, and without needing to see the evidence, that she did not under any circumstance use the word 'scroat'. Far to well behaved. :)

Mike Whittome.

'All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.' Dumas.

Reply to
Mike Whittome

er way!" =A0 =A0

=A0Good job your wife is on the ball Chris, I was beginning to wonder why the place was full of kids who look vaguely familiar, plants as tall as trees, strange food and boxes wrapped in funny paper. The bl****y postman woke me up every morning for the last two weeks as well.

Truth is I=92m still trying to recover ground from a =93witty remark=94 I made last week. The cooker took real poorly and when buying a new one the =93spotty faced youth=94 asked if we needed it to do anything in particular; my instant riposte was to say =93yes I would like this one to cook properly as the old one never did=94. A very quiet evening followed the stinging sensation in my ear I got when I sat in the car, apparently the wife said I told him she couldn=92t cook, I don=92t know I get blamed for everything these days.

Well, I also hope you all have a very fine Christmas and don=92t worry I don=92t think it lasts too long, no reason the lathe should be rusty before you get back to it. Best wishes as well for a superb new year in which all those projects get completed and every finishing cut is =93bang on the nose=94. My goodness that is some fine mulled wine.

Best wishes to all (except that women down the road with the dogs that wake me up every morning at 5:30 and that =93creature=94 my daughter brought home once a couple of years ago). Hope you all have a really good time.

Keith =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0

Reply to
jontom_1uk

(snip)

That's no way to refer to a potential son-in-law...shame on you!

Reply to
Chris Edwards