Christmas

Engineers of all nations
    My dear wife has interrupted my workshop time (damn cheek!)to tell me that's there's some sort of celebration planned for tomorrow. She also
says I should wish all scroats, old and new, a merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous(ha!)new year. Can I get back to my work now dear?
Best regards to all. Bah humbug!

As a fully fleged scroat thank you and I wish you and all other scroats the very best and many happy returns to the workshop Alan
In message

I am absolutely certain, beyond any shadow of doubt, and without needing to see the evidence, that she did not under any circumstance use the word 'scroat'. Far to well behaved. :)
Mike Whittome.
'All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.' Dumas.

Good job your wife is on the ball Chris, I was beginning to wonder why the place was full of kids who look vaguely familiar, plants as tall as trees, strange food and boxes wrapped in funny paper. The bl****y postman woke me up every morning for the last two weeks as well.
Truth is Im still trying to recover ground from a witty remark I made last week. The cooker took real poorly and when buying a new one the spotty faced youth asked if we needed it to do anything in particular; my instant riposte was to say yes I would like this one to cook properly as the old one never did. A very quiet evening followed the stinging sensation in my ear I got when I sat in the car, apparently the wife said I told him she couldnt cook, I dont know I get blamed for everything these days.
Well, I also hope you all have a very fine Christmas and dont worry I dont think it lasts too long, no reason the lathe should be rusty before you get back to it. Best wishes as well for a superb new year in which all those projects get completed and every finishing cut is bang on the nose. My goodness that is some fine mulled wine.
Best wishes to all (except that women down the road with the dogs that wake me up every morning at 5:30 and that creature my daughter brought home once a couple of years ago). Hope you all have a really good time.
Keith
On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 15:31:45 -0800 (PST), jontom snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:
(snip)

That's no way to refer to a potential son-in-law...shame on you!
--
Chris Edwards (in deepest Dorset) "There *must* be an easier way!"