De-misting a sand blaster window

My Guyson sand blasting cabinet is excellent, but the perspex window constantly mists up externally from my breath. Especially in the current cold weather it becomes a right pain, but even in more normal times it's a problem. I have thoughts of installing some sort of blower to give a cross draught, possibly with a heater, but cannot find anything small enough not to be cumbersome.

Any suggestions welcome, but lets not start a heavy breathing thread!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Isn't there something that you can spray on to prevent misting like motorcyclists use to prevent their visors fogging? I'm thinking vaseline, but probably wrong...

Reply to
bigegg

I have a couple of 24v dc 0.33A tangential blowers. Outlet is 210mm wide by 25mm high. Fan is about 40 diameter. Overall mount area about

25 x 100 weight 400g. If any good you can have one for the postage. They are ex photo copier. I am in Cheltenham.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

window

normal

thread!

about

Richard, many thanks, you have mail!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I would have thought a computer fan would do the job. Something off an old power supply or cpu. My video card even has a diddy one mounted on it.

Reply to
Dave Baker

A little neat washing up liquid rubbed on stops the misting for quite a while. Isn't that what posh divers use on the inside of their goggles - common ones use spit :-)

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

In the early days of high speed experimental jets the Yanks used Drene shampoo. I wonder if it's still available :-)) Henry

Reply to
Dragon

I have some of the hydrophobic liquid (I can't remember the name and the label is missing, so not a good sales pitch) designed for car windscreens, shower doors, binoculars etc. If you want I can stick a small vial in the post for you to try.

Reply to
Cliff Ray

Rain-X Anti Fog:

washing up liquid may work just as well, that's what I used to use on my visor.

Reply to
pcb1962

Andrew Mawson formulated the question :

Something like a motorcycling mask, so your breath is diverted down towards your neck, rather than straight forwards at the visor?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Washing up liquid, wiped on then polished off is what I use on the visor.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Are you calling me common?

Cliff Coggin.