Help with engine shaft

Perhaps someone can assist me before I ruin a shaft or oil seal!

I have an elderly Honda G65 engine that was part of a 240 volt generator.

The shaft from the engine is approx 110 mm in length with an initial 30 mm diameter section shouldered down to 22 mm diameter with a taper for the last 30 mm or so.

The question I have to any knowledgable person in the group is. Is this the crankshaft or can this section be removed to leave a 19 mm shaft or similar.

If my description is poor then a small jpg is here: -

Many thanks

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Hodgson

If you don't need it, you can cut it off. But don't have a posting "How to extend a shaft?" by the end of the week. :-)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Nah! Just hoping someone would say there is another shaft underneath and how to get at it.

Reply to
Adrian Hodgson

Adrian

Very unlikely, It's a pretty stock Honda Utility engine. I guess you could take the crank out and re-machine that end of the crank to suit your requirements. Thats what I would do if I needed it.

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

For the age of a 31 year old engine I think I may try to risk turning it down whilst still on the engine. Use the engines own rpm to rotate the shaft and see if I can mount a lathe tool on some form of saddle.All this for the kids go kart (Although it should be big enough for me too).

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Hodgson