MEW

Now that's something I didn't know - so I've just sent my 3rd vitriolic email to Owen Davies. That's apalling!

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Nah - Owen's getting used to my emails by now...and it sounds as if most of the editorial staff agree with what I have said to him

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

The one I looked at wasn't sealed after piggling and poking it..................

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

The 'issue' came onto the nation's high street book stalls wrapped in plastic so that the real details were hidden- but at a price of £3.75.

OK, I'm a tite a$$ed git and on my way to "Who wants to be a Millionaire", phoned a friend!

Frankly, my thoughts were of the South Sea Bubble yet again

Norman

Reply to
Bill

Well it has clearly worked - just had an email from the subs service to say that my subscription has been extended.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

I have had no reply to my email sent at 13.55 yesterday, anyone else also ignored ?

Reply to
Dick Gays

Me too! I duly complained via email this morning, and received the following very prompt reply:

"Your subscription will not be affected by the Plans Handbook."

Would think he has got the message by now.

GeoffH (The Pirate) Norfolk - UK not VA

Reply to
The Pirate

In message , Dick Gays writes

Hi,

I am still waiting for a response to an email I sent yesterday.

Reply to
Nigel Dell

Hi sent email 13.00 todayTuesday, reply recived and subscription extended

Mike Cole

Nigel Dell wrote:

Reply to
Mike cole

Reply to
Bill

Just received the same email here.

Iain

Reply to
swarfmaker

Reply to
alan

Dear Mr Rand

We will extend your subscription. There is no need to return the copy.

Kind regards

Owen Davies

-----Original Message----- From: Mark Rand [mailto: snipped-for-privacy@internettie.co.uk] Sent: 12 December 2006 22:48 To: Owen Davies Subject: Engineering Planns Special

Dear Sir, Whilst I thank you for the receipt of the unsolicited copy of the Engineering Plans catalogue, I do hope that this is not expected to be part of my paid for subscription to MEW. If it is intended to be part of my subscription, please let me know to where I should return it for a refund.

Sincerely

Mark Rand

Reply to
Mark Rand

How diplomatic!

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Are you sure it has worked. I got the following replay:- I can confirm your subscription has been extended by 1 issue as recompense and your new expiry edition is issue 113. There have started counting backwards. I have just got issue 121

Reply to
Bill

We switched over from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar in

1752. At this time Wednesday, September 2, 1752 was immediately followed by Thursday, September 14, 1752.

MEW are using the Myford version of the Julian calendar..........

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Is that the Myford Imperial Julian calendar or the Myford Metric Julian calendar? Apparently you can use two 21-tooth wheels to convert between the two

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

How they done the ethical thing and automatically updated all subscribers.

ie Do I have to moan

A policy statement would we nice

Martin

Reply to
Martin Thomas

rip-off?

subscribers.

Send Owen Davies an email and ask him !

snipped-for-privacy@magicalia.com

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Tony Jeffree suggests ....

I wonder if that is Julian of Julian and Sandy?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome