Mikron universal mill

I have a Mikron universal mill [made in Switzerland] which I bough
about 40 years ago, thought it about time to strip it down and have
nose. Well this machine has an unbelievable build quality, every
surface is hand scraped and still shows on all slides and the wedge gi
strips, the feed screws are about two inches in diameter and run in
sort of rack, there is about a three thou total backlash in all these
is this acceptable ? wonder if this would have been from new.
This machine must be very rare as it stands on a two foot squar
footprint, table size about 14x 6 inches, also has power feed.
Anyone else got one and would that minor backlash be acceptable ? Davi
--
stereotyp
stereotype's Profile:

stereotype