Myford Super 7 Speeds

What's the top speed that a Super 7 can be run at? The standard top speed is 2105 rpm. With 60Hz our colonial cousins get

2525 rpm according to the manual. How much further can it be pushed before bearing trouble beckons? Inverters let us think this way.

Whilst I'm thinking of this what's the maximum speed for an iron bodied pratt burnerd 4 jaw chuck?

Thanks

Charles

Charles Ping

This is discussed by Guy Lautard somewhere in one of his books. IIRC, there's nothing to worry about.

Reply to
John Montrose