OT: Looking for 44 pin IC socket

Somewhat OT I realise, but knowing a few of the group are electronics enthusiasts (or just do it for a living), I thought I would as here; I'm trying to locate a 44 pin DIL IC socket, 0.9" between rows; none of the usual suppliers keep this size. Any suggestions? Thanks, Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

I use socket strip to make up unusual sockets like the one you describe. Comes in long lengths, just chop off two strips 22 pins long. I don't recall having any problem buying it from the usual suppliers.

HTH

Mike

Reply to
mikecb1

I use socket strip to make up unusual sockets like the one you describe. Comes in long lengths, just chop off two strips 22 pins long. I don't recall having any problem buying it from the usual suppliers.

HTH

Mike

Or cut an existing one to size.

Reply to
Dirk PG1D

Make one ... buy 2 x28 pin skts. I recommend turned pin types. Cut them up to make 2 strips of 22. Bingo.

Reply to
TTman