OT slightly - Warren Trophy / George Thornberry

Hi,

I'm keen to find out about the modelmaking of my partners grandfather.

He was called George Thornberry and live in ireland, I know he made a model fiarground which was exhibited for many years at christmas in Todd burns shop in Dublin.

I also know he won the "Waren Trophy" several time (50's / 60's) but I don't have any more details. does anyone know anything about the Warren Trophy or have any recollection of the fairground being on display/

Thanks

Jon

Reply to
Jon hutchings

I believe that the Warren Trophy may have been donated by Ron Warren of the Warco Company. You might get some information from there - if I am correct.

Warren Machine Tools Warco House Fisher Lane Chiddingfold Surrey GU8 4TD

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

Thanks I'll try them