Pattern making book?

I'm looking for something to give guidance for fairly basic pattern making. Any recommendations for books etc to do this?

Thanks Tim

Tim Leech

Tim, many of the turn of the century [ your century that is ] machine shop compendiums had chapters on pattern making in them. One that falls easily to hand here [ mainly because they are stacked all haphazard ] is volume 3 of Engineering Workshop Practice by Caxton.

You might also look at the small foundry book by Terry Aspinell under the workshop series. Don't have this so not sure how good it is on pattern making.

Also check your email.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Camden Miniature Steam Services stock a Lindsay reprint (ISBN

1-55918-205-9) entitled "Wood Pattern Mak>I'm looking for something to give guidance for fairly basic pattern >making.

John Ambler Sussex, UK Return E-mails to snipped-for-privacy@skiprat.net

John Ambler

Tim

Both the B Terry Aspin books in the Workshop Practice series are OK. The McCaslin book is a bit more detailed with practical examples. Shout if you want to borrow it.

Regards

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping