ptfe saddle modification

I seem to remember recently reading about someone putting thin ptfe/teflon sheet on their saddle with double-sided tape; I fancied having a go at this, but despite trying many search combinations of the relevant words I can't find the blummin' topic thread. I can't believe I've Imagined it all; I shouldn't be having 'senior' moments yet, I'm only 28...........Someone PLEASE put me out of my misery....

cheers, David

Reply to
penfold

Morning all

Finally I have something positive I can contribute - I have been lurking here for long enough.

Bit of a senior moment maybe as I think the PTFE thread (as opposed to PTFE tape?) you mean is on the BoxfordLathe-UserGroup on Yahoo.

Harrogate tomorrow for me.

Regards John Blakeley

Reply to
John Blakeley

Herewith a link to a conversation between our Tony and Robert Bastow (Teenut) on the topic. Turcite may be the stuff you were thinking of (although Moglice may be more appropriate depending on circumstances).

HTH Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Thank you both; you are gents and scholars. That's me put out of my misery.

cheers, David

Mark Rand wrote:

Reply to
penfold

Might have helped if I had actually included the link:-

Mark Rand

I do actually have a small amount of Turcite somewhere in the workshop

- the biggest problem with it is finding a suitable adhesive. You need one of the Cyanoacrilate-based adhesives that is designed for use on plastics IIRC.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree