Shun

Some time ago on this NG it was suggested, by John Stevenson, that we should shun Airy. This meant no-one responding to any of his posts, under any
circumstances. Given the most recent outburst I feel we should all get together and do this. As several people have correctly pointed out, once you completely ignore a troll he will eventually get bored and annoy people elsewhere. It just requires will power to resist the huge temptation to lambaste him for whatever reason.
Regards
Kevin
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 23:34:43 +0100, "Kevin Steele"

Kevin, I must admit I'm probably the worst of the bunch when it comes to upsetting ower Gareth. I saw the post the other day where someone [ I forgot their name] lost a son and that hit home to me.
It's not natural that children should go before parents.
Anyway after reading that I dropped our Gareth [ bless his mental socks ] into a kill file.
Hopefully if I don't read any posts I won't get tempted <g>
Big sign on the computer, "It's not worth it, - make a coffee"
Note to group members. If anyone was expecting any bits from me a big load of various parts went in the post today -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Good lad, you know it makes sense.
--
Nigel

When the only tools you have are a Bridgeport, a CNC Taig Mill, a Colchester
John S. said .............

Very well said John.
Where you lead, others often follow.
You, in any case, can always go and wash the Reliant ! :)
Mike
--
Mike Whittome

should
people
Better to turn his tactics on him:
1. Ignore what he actually says ie don't argue with him.
2. Respond in kind.
We have the advantage that, if we ignore him are unlikely to miss anything of value and that he has enough skeletons in google we can use.
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 06:24:43 +0100, "Gareth S Nemisis"

Not here, thanks. We've all made our point in the past - we've had much amusement at his expense, but it's time to move on.
Regards,
www.shwoodwind.co.uk

To put it simply. "We 'ain't making porridge for one "
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
So you've made a fool of yourself in the past by your infantile tirades, to which I failed to rise, and now you want to claim a victory by sulking.

should
Bit worried about the last bit. I can understand why you want rid of this odious little twerp, but please don't send him back to uk.radio.amateur!! If ever there was a case for regulated groups, he's it.
Dave
If this means that the cesspit led by John Stevenson will cease to hijack threads relating to bereavement in order to vent their spleens in the most disgusting and shameful exhibitions as they did in the past couple of days, then your proposal is to be welcomed.
The infantile and foul-mouthed behaviour of a great many of you was the worst advertisement for the model engineering community in the UK that I have ever seen.
Shame on all of you who so behaved.

should
I certainly welcome having no association with the people whom I criticised below. The world of model engineering in the UK will be better off without them.

Airy R. Bean wrote:

The polite thing would have been to say nothing, rather than taking a silly stance.
--
Binary Era