small bench top CNC lathe wanted

Hi,

I have been looking for a small bench top CNC lathe for a while an have come up with nothing apart from junk!

I had a five hour drive to look at two suposidly complete machines onl to find they had vital stuff missing...gutted.

Can anyone tell me where I can get a posserbly ex education bench to CNC lathe scimilar to a Denford orac/starturn or maybe one of th smaller boxford TCL machines at a reasonable price??

Also I need info on what machine I should buy which would allow me t upgrade the electronics without loads of trouble.

thanks jaso

-- jason fletche

----------------------------------------------------------------------- jason fletcher's Profile:

this thread:

jason fletcher

Hi Jason when you do get one please let me no as i have a boxford 160 coming which has all the software and control supposedly but I want to convert it to run with modern stepper drives and possibly Mach 2 Lathe or call me on

0115 9389014 Cherrs Colin
Reply to
Colin Wildgust

Jason,

g and m tools had both a small Boxford 125TCL and a Denford Starturn PC forsale a couple weeks ago. I thought the prices were decent.

Only problem is they won't ship to me in the US.

I'm now looking at a Dyna 3000H which is much larger than those machines, much more expensive, and looks like it's been well used...

dave

Reply to
dmincin