taig and sherline mills to the UK

Of course you do Gareth, for that is your real name. Other details that contributors may like to know:

Ex Westinghouse. Ex (many other places) Ostracised in this NG due to your behaviour. Ostracised due your behaviour and technically humiliated in uk.radio.amateur.

A recent shun in this NG was most effective. Time to repeat it.

Reply to
Nimrod

Sorry I phrased that wrong. I wasn't actually aiming it at you. It was meant for everyone involved. Anyway all I mean is please stop and just keep on topic.

Reply to
milgo

Reply to
Iain Gordon

No problem. Also posted to K.C., A.L. and J.J

If anyone else wants this can they email me and I'll put them in touch. This software isn't being marketed at the moment as it's still in beta and the guy responsible will only work on recommends.

Personally I think he's onto an absolute winner here. Nearly three months now and not one post from the troll, or replies.

John S.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

John, would you be good enough to add me to the list for newsblock? Cheers.

Reply to
Duncan Munro

Would appreciate a copy John. GeoffH Norfolk - UK

Reply to
GeoffH

It certainly works well for me - not a single post from our favourite irritant loony has made it to my inbox since I started using it. The silence is blissful...

The author is going to make a fortune once he starts charging for it!

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

You just replied to the irritant loony!

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

It seems to me that if you don't want to read the contributions from a particular person, then it is a simple matter for an adult mind to pass over them, or to use the kill file, without any comment being necessary.

To keep referring in a sneering manner (more reminiscent of the school playground than an international discussion forum) to the person that you don't want to see and at the same time to resort to rather silly and infantile forms of expression in referring to that person would suggest that the problem, if there be any, lies with the censor and not with his target. Indeed, that persistent sneering 'n' jeering, continually stirring the pot, is indicative of an infantile mind indeed.

Let's recap - you resorted to some very infantile outbursts for which you were justifiably criticised, and now you feel uncomfortable facing up to your critics.

Yes, the problem, if there be any, certainly does lie with the censor!

To try to claim some moral high ground when indulging in infantile name-calling, as you do below, is hypocritical and reflects badly on you.

Shame on you!

Grow up, Mr.Jeffrey!

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Indeed, the only trolls who keep stirring the pot are the likes of Jeffrey and Stevenson.

Need I say more?

Shame on them and their ilk for turning this NG into a place of ill-feeling!

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Right guys I need a little advice. Its a simple one. What fuse should I use for my 0.25 hp motor? It is rated at 220v 1.62A. Cheers, I know its an easy one but I don't want to risk damaging my motor.

Reply to
milgo

I doubt it. Nearly all serious newsreading programs already allow you to filter posts. It's normally considered an essential.

The one you [all] seem to use, the free version of Forte Agent, being the notable exception. Of course. :(

Forte want you to buy their full product, which btw has very capable but perhaps slightly overcomplex filtering.

There are a zillion free newsreaders complete with filters, but for a suggestion try Dialog by 40tude, it's supposed to be very similar to Forte but it's free for private use.

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Peter although most news readers do allow filters it doesn't work on replies. Just assume you don't want to read posts from Mr A and put him in your killfile, when Mr B replies to the original post you still get this as you don't have Mr B in your kill file and you have no way of knowing who's going to reply.

Where Newsblock scores is you enter keywords into the program like his name, any alias's he uses, his email address, most importantly his computer number and similar keywords. It then deletes these posts when you download so you don't see any of his post.

More importantly you don't see the reply made by Mr B as it contains Mr A original quoted post.

Result is no more Mr A or any return posts.

I think most of the regulars on this group use the full version of Agent and not the free version. I did try Dialog but had some problems with it, it doesn't seem completely bug free as yet. Having said that most people who moved to Agent 2.0 went back to 1.9 - fast

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

In theory you need 1.62 amps but in practice to get over starting current inrush I'd go for a 3 amp fuse.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

You could, of course, have followed your own advice quoted above.

In case you don't recognise it, it lies in your phrase "...it is a simple matter for an adult mind to pass over them...", but perhaps you don't have an "...adult mind..." to start with.

Reply to
Ted

Peter, I'm using 40tude Dialog and it _is_ very good. I had our resident clueless slob directly blocked, although it wouldn't block any followups from those who derive pleasure out of mocking the afflicted.

At least with newsblock it has all gone quiet now. Hurrah - I will be quite happy to pay £50-£100 when it's released just for the peace and quiet it brings...

ps: Thanks John, next time I'm up in Nottingham I'll buy you a pint ;-)

Reply to
Duncan Munro

ok thanks :) I thought it would be around that. Lol luckily I only did a test run with a 13 amp plug before putting my brain in gear. I hope to recieve all the rest of the cnc stuff next week so I can get it up and running.

Reply to
milgo

One other question. Any of you got good ideas for cable management? Where the cables coming out the steppers meet the shielded cable, people often just leave that all open. Wondered if anyone had a good solution to tidy it up a bit? Cheers, milgo.

Reply to
milgo

RS Components sell small plastic "potting" boxes that can be pressed into service as junction boxes - for example, RS part 225-0061 - they have separate lids that are held in place with small screws. Drill a couple of holes, epoxy the box in place over the cable exit from the motor body, trim back the motor cables to a couple of inches, fit a grommet to the other hole, poke the screened cable through, connect it up, heat shrink insulate the ends, tidy the connections away inside the box & fit the lid. Makes a very tidy job.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Milgo, I'll second what Tony says.

one laid out on the Taig. RS also do those plastic cable glands that also tidy things up a bit RS #

365-8539 is the part number for the ones in the picture.