There's a story here, surely

I wonder what forces the sale of the following lathe.

I was at a live steam show a few backs in Big Valley, Alberta, Canada and listened to the mainly aging participants discussing where their belongings were going to go when the time came.

Very little new blood is taking up the metalworking arts. Sad. It's been decades since the school system here stopped the weekly shop classes.

We had half a day a week of wood shop for the first half of the school year and metal shop for the second half. Mister Higgins, in metal shop, was an excellent teacher and human being. The wood shop character was the embodiment of all things evil.

mike

Reply to
m II