Turning large diameters on Myford Super 7

I'd like to make a new pulley for the front of my engine but they need to be about 7" in diameter - is this going to be too big for my Myford (still not mounted... need to pull my finger out!!)?

Reply to
Robin

You should be able to swing 7" and leave your fingers in tact.

Should leave a gap of about 1 1/2" and that should be big enough to put- well, your fingers in.

Try Wilkinson's for plastic rulers!

Ah hem, said he, clearing the throat.

Norm

Reply to
ravensworth2674

Cool... didn't realise that dampers had a flexible layer built in, although the name probably should've given it away. Another challenge to rise to!

Robin

Reply to
Robin

Sorry Robin,

Couldn't resist the challenge either. Can I be the father figure? Get hold of Bradley's book on the Myford but get hold of the 2 George H Thomas books as well. After all, they were written by a bloke who had a number of Myfords.

Not from Wilkinsons- but try Tee Publishing.

Have fun

Norman

Reply to
ravensworth2674