Whittle Belting (OT in a way)

My mother lived as a child across the street from Whittle Belting, Warrington. A few years ago I found a few references to them on Google but nowadays cannot find any references. ISTR they were predecessors of Brammer link Belting. Does anyone know anything on this subject please? TIA

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

find any references.

Thomas Whittle & Sons of Rose & Crown Street, Warrington, perhaps?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

cannot find any references.

The Very same firm, Tom. They also made folding rowing boats as a sideline. As a kid I used to watch them test them in a large tank at the back. Can you find any references to the belting?

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

cannot find any references.

This should shed a bit of light:

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Thanks Tom. I don't know how you worked that! Every time I try the site it only seems to give me recent entries. I will have to study the instructions. Thanks again.

cannot find any references.

Reply to
Dave Croft

find any references.

I used to own a vintage Morris car (1927 manufacture) which used Whittle belting for the fan belt. It consisted of leather V sections riveted to steel plates.

Russell.

Reply to
Russell Eberhardt