Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

QC30 chucks sought
On the lookout for cheap, non cracked, QC30 collet holders, suited to the DA range of collets, any few on EBay at
2
2

How much carbon is produced in the manufacture of a ton(ne) of steel ?
Hi, The question is as per title : I suppose it must vary a bit depending on the steel and the plant, but can anyone here tell me how much carbon is typically releaseed into the atmosphere during the...
4
4

Victoria mill manual asked for ?
Do I recall someone asking for a Victoria V1 or 2 mill manual? Found the blighter this afternoon........... Bob

Myford ML7 with bearing problems!
(First post, hi all!) I have an old ML7 which has some problems. The spindle runs pretty much concentric by my dial gauge, but has a 'wobble' of around 1 thou forward and back along the axis of the...

Boxford 'Raising Blocks'
I have a 5" Boxford AUD, the fixed steady it came with is for a 4 1/2" lathe. Does such a thing exist as a 1/2" thick pad that has male and female 'Vee's to fit the bedways so that it can be used to...
2
2

Following on from 'Rust in Workshop'
Hi all. Thanks for all the replies about rust in my workshop. I'll have a good think of what next to do to rid the rust. No-one picked up upon the question about how I can get rid of the rust on the...
27
27

No longer an EBay virgin :-)
I got a nice email today:- I'm quite chuffed. It has restored my faith in modern society. Mark Rand RTFM
5
5

Anyone need a gas engine?
The starting price is out of my league for toys, but someone may be interested:- Mark Rand RTFM
4
4

Rust in Workshop
Hi, hope someone can help. I've built a really nice workshop/garage (approx 30' x 16') into which I have put a milling maching, lathe, welding gear and all my tools etc. The walls are of single 4"...
13
13

Bridgeport interact belt
The spindle drive belt on my Bridgeport series 1 Interact has started to slip. I know its cone pulleys, but does anyone have a drawing of the arrangement, and better still, how much of job it is to...

Warco VMC question
Hi, I've got a Warco VMC and the head on this tilts and swivels. I can understand the use of the head being able to tilt (left and right) but what earthly use is it for it to be able to swivel around...
2
2

Anyone know where I can buy free cutting mild steel?
Anyone have a good online source for free cutting mild steel (in the UK)? I'm also interested in general in recommendations on where to get stock. I normally end up on eBay or buying from RS, but does...
10
10

Left Hand Drill?
Amongst my collection I have a 7/16th Left Hand Twist drill. What would this have ever been used for. First that I have ever seen.
19
19

Sourcing Bowden cable
I appreciate this is not a post about model engineering but ... The Bowden cable that links my car window to the "capstan" motor has corroded and snapped. Renault want around £200 for the motor +...
10
10

Spindle clamping, dividing heads and CNC drive.
Hi all. I've found that with my Cowells dividing head, I need to clamp the spindle every time I take a cut to get good results (I'm making clock wheels) - there's a nut provided for exactly that...
1
1