Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Effect of magnetism on digital devices
Could my lovely new Mitutoyo digimatic caliper be affected by proximity to a strong magnetic field - eg. magnetic chuck? JW²
3
3

On look out for 3 Colchester Student lathes
Local college (London/Essex) is on the look out for 3 decent Colchester student lathes. This would be visually the square head 600 group style, what I would call the latest design. If anyone is in the...
3
3

A pleasant job
A friend just bought a place in France and discovered a cider press lurking in a barn. In attempting to dismantle it he got a bit medieval wivvanammer and snapped a handle off an iron casting. He...
9
9

Clock to make in the desert?
I have relocated to Doha, Qatar (near Saudi), and of course had to leave my lathe , mill and 20% completed 1/4 scale traction engine behind, and I am missing it. I am seeking ideas for a project that...
8
8

Piston rings
Cords Piston Rings Lonsdale House 7-9 Lonsdale Gardens Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1NU Country: England Fax: 2089981214 Couldn't find a web page in the UK for this company. They have outlets in most...

Yee-haw!
Lanc followed by a Spit just flew directly overhead, twice - five Merlins at 50 feet, yum! :)
3
3

Propane Connectors
I've had a Sievert propane torch for years running off a 13Kg propane cylinder. Small enough to move around, hefty enough for real heat. I've now acquired a propane jetted Flamefast ceramic chip forge...
5
5

JLO Mower engine
Hi there, I have an old mower to repair for a friend, it turned out to be a damaged piston, but the only references to the JLO engine, that I can find in the internet are from Canada and the USA and...
8
8

Advice on moving Workshop.
I expect to be moving house (and workshop) soon. It seems very likely that I will need to put everything into store for some weeks, and I would be interested in any advice from anyone who has gone...
9
9

Shim steel washers
I need to make four 2 thou thick shim steel washers with an OD of 3/4" and an ID of 1/4". I have hole punches of the right sizes. I also have a small screw operated press. As I don't have much spare...
1
1

Richmond SR2 Radial Arm Drill
Can anyone give me the weight of a Richmond SR2 Radial Arm Drill - assessing transport and seeing if it's able to go on my max load 2.5 ton Ifor Williams trailer. TIA AWEM
8
8

Advice on choosing a mini lathe
I'm finally ready to buy my first lathe. I need something small, and precise. I've seen some positive words about the 7x Mini Lathe, but also Chinese imports derided. I'll modify and improve it over...
45
45

Mitutoyo DRO type GML-3705W mains transformer failed
I've got a two axis DRO on my mill with an old Mitutoyo GML-3705W display unit. It's not been used for a bit over a year and when I switched it on this evening nothing lit up on the display front...
6
6

What did you do this evening?
Driving a shaft out of a scrap ball bearing. Bearing has been on shaft for 58 years, well stuck. Don't have an arbour press. Bearing is sitting across vice jaws and shaft is being persuaded with a...
16
16

I think this group is bolloxed
What with all the spam that comes with an unmoderated group and being hi-jacked by those goons over on RC groups it seems to me that this group has got the exact same way as the old Anyone know of any...
22
22