sticky polymer gel

Hi..

I would like to know how to make the sticky polymer gel (clear gel with adhesion property). I had been seen a toy in octopus or spiderman shape with sticky property.

Anyone know how to make it, please kindly advise.

Reply to
chaiyong
10-20% Kraton G-1651 (Kraton Polymers) and the balance mineral oil is close.

Reply to
GigaNews

Any of the materials that I've worked with a patented, so make sure that your formulation doesn't violate any.

Making a gel is the easy part. Making sure that it follows the Dahlquist criteria (the compliance at 1 second is greater than 3 x

10^-7 cm^2/dyne, and the 0.01 second compliance is significantly lower)is the challenge. Meet both requirements and you will have a sticky gel.

John

Reply to
John Spevacek

Hi..