Adding a sheet to a format

For some reason, I thought that when I did this, the whole format would be duplicated, all the tables, lines and parameters, but I got a blank sheet.

Is there an easy way to do this?

I'm using ProE2001.

Thanks

Mike Singer

Reply to
Pinbuoy

OK I figured it out, copy and paste using abs coods. Also I had to pick some parameters and tables that didn't get selected with pick many.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Singer

Mike I do not understand why this did not work. When I add a sheet the format is copied. Do you have a default format set up?

Reply to
Joe Ashurst

Hey Joe,

It sounds like you're talking about adding a sheet to a DRAWING, I was talking about adding one to my formats.

Our formats are only one sheet each.

Thanks

Mike

Reply to
Mike Singer

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Hey David,

Yes there was simple answer... The story is my current employer only single page formats, including the asm formats. I thought adding a second page to the formats would be as easy as adding a second page to a drawing. When you add a second page to the format it comes up blank with the default frame.

The solution is to use 2001's copy & paste, but this doesn't pick up some tables and parameters, these must be picked individually.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Singer

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Is it possible that what you want to do is add a second sheet to the drawing template (.drw) instead of the format (.frm)?

=================================

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Hey Jeff,

I'm not that sure, I'm not that familiar with the templates, what would that buy me?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Singer

Oh! well it seems to me that when adding a multiple page format, the first time you add it it asks, do you want to use sheet 1 or sheet 2 of the format. After you have added the format once, it just adds the appropriate one for you, i.e. Sheet one for sheet one and a sheet 2 format for all subsequent sheets.

Is this what you were asking David?

Reply to
Mike Singer