Cadds 5i to Pro/E - Recommendations

Any Pro/E or Pro/MFG users that came from a Computervision CADSS 5i V10 (or similar) background? This poster transferred from an AutoCAD background to a Mechanical Desktop to CADDS 5i and now will be happily stepping into Pro/E.

I am looking for someone who has made a similar transition. Recommendations on books, classes, tutorials, or anything that would help in this transition.

As an engineer, I'm more concerned about the Pro/E end, but the NC programmers are concerned because it seems that Pro/MFG can't hold a candle to CADSS 5i for cutting. Now that PTC owns Computervision's old software they claim smooth translation between the two if, in fact, our programmers stick with CADDS and we (engineers) convert to Pro/E.

TIA, Da Crew

Reply to
Da Crew

: I am looking for someone who has made a similar transition. Recommendations : on books, classes, tutorials, or anything that would help in this : transition.

This guy used to teach CV, now teaches Pro/e. He loves it! Tell him Dave Janes said 'Hi Jim'

Oh, and if you know Chicago, you know Elgin (home of the Elgin watch) where he's located. He's a nice guy; come September, when school's back 'in session', he might be able to help you. : : As an engineer, I'm more concerned about the Pro/E end, but the NC : programmers are concerned because it seems that Pro/MFG can't hold a candle : to CADSS 5i for cutting. Now that PTC owns Computervision's old software : they claim smooth translation between the two if, in fact, our programmers : stick with CADDS and we (engineers) convert to Pro/E. : : TIA, Da Crew : :

Reply to
David Janes

I have one recommendation

Hopefully you are lucky enough to have a maintenance agreement with PTC or Rand or what ever other company that offers them.

Put their 1-800 help number on speed dial you are going to need it for about the first 6 months.

Recommendations

Reply to
John Morrison