Engraving on a Curved Surface

HELP!!

I'm trying to engrave text on the external surface of a short piece of pipe.

I went to sketch tool, then text and selected the "Place Along Curve," but no luck.

Can anyone give some guidance on how to do it?

Thank You.

Reply to
com

Try projecting a surface (in the shape of the text) onto the surface & thickening it.

Reply to
John.R.Wade

You can also project or wrap curves onto a surface and use those to create a cut. Or you could create an extruced cut by sketching the text on a plane above the surface and using a copied/offset surface to set the depth.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes