Help in Pro/Manufacture

Hi:

I was using ProManufactue for defining a milling process on a ball shaped surface. But I was not able to get the tool path generated. I always got the failure notice that: UNABLE TO GENERATE THE TOOL PATH.

Can anybody please help me in this.

Thank you. Regards, Anni.

Reply to
anirudha.l

Was it a surf mill seq.? Was it a surface quilt you're trying to cut, or was it a solid surface? Could you be more specific on how the problem occurs?

C.Pham

Reply to
Chinh Pham

Specify a top surface so that it knows what surface to plunge threw

Reply to
shaunthiesen

How did you know it was a volume mill? I've seen same exact error message on surface mill and other type of nc seq. too.

C.Pham

Reply to
Chinh Pham

I was just guessing. The error is the same no matter what happens, if you don't define any of the many steps in a tool path it will error. The reason that I guess top surfaces is he said he was cutting a ball shape. But you are right it could be any amount errors.

Reply to
shaunthiesen