Importing Parasolids

I'm trying to drag some mid size (95Mb) parasolid files into Pro/E - but pro is just hanging. I can re-open the files in UG NX3, but pro doesn't want to know. Any config options I should know about?

Reply to
John Wade

What version of Pro/E?

When I did some with V18 files into Wildfire1, we found better results using STEP files.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

Okay, I'm saving this one. Jeez, there's just SO MUCH. Thanks for that one. It ought tod help!

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

WF2 M180.

Drat slow. I've got there in the end. Project manager is climbing all over me asking where his budget is going and when I'll start doing some real work.

Reply to
John Wade

Reply to
camtd

Hi

Try creating a part in proe make sure units are set to inches and the go to insert shared data and pick you file to import.

To just open a parasolid in proe the default is to do it in metric which will take forever.

John Wade wrote:

Reply to
camtd

Interesting observation. I can't fathom why ``doing it in metric'' would influence the processing time. The Parasolid data is in meters, isn't it? Wonder if it might have something to do with using a default rel acc of .0012 (which eventually will work out to some fraction of a meter that's huge compared to the same tolerance in inches or mm)? Have to dig an old x_t out and play with it sometime. Thanks for bringin' it up.

Reply to
Jeff Howard