ray trace

Hello I am looking for a tutorial on tracing light rays on a reflector, in Pro/E. I remember seeing either a tutorial, or a suggested technique on it. I have googled, with no luck. Ages ago, there was a list of suggested techniques on PTC's website. Does anyone know where it has gone? I think that the suggested technique might be there.

cheers Craig

Reply to
craig

Hello I am looking for a tutorial on tracing light rays on a reflector, in Pro/E. I remember seeing either a tutorial, or a suggested technique on it. I have googled, with no luck. Ages ago, there was a list of suggested techniques on PTC's website. Does anyone know where it has gone? I think that the suggested technique might be there.

cheers Craig

Are you sure you're not talking about light scatter? I seem to recall an explanation, probably in an article appearing in something like Pro/FILES, about a point source, rays emitted, striking the reflector surface at various points then using some function of "angle at point" to get the vector. You might try looking for reflection pattern or light scatter instead of "ray trace" which is something altogether different. The PTC site is one of the worst I've ever come across for finding useful material with searches.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

snipped-for-privacy@n21g2000vba.googlegroups.com...

explanation, probably in an article appearing in something like Pro/FILES, = about a point source, rays emitted, striking the reflector surface at vario= us points then using some function of "angle at point" to get the vector. Y= ou might try looking for reflection pattern or light scatter instead of "ra= y trace" which is something altogether different. The PTC site is one of th= e worst I've ever come across for finding useful material with searches.

Thanks David It might be light scatter. I'll try looking it up. I had a look through pro/files and couldnt find it Years ago they had an entire list of suggested techniques. I went through it and printed up everyone that looked interestibng as a reference. I'm glad i did,as they appear to have disappeared. i cant find the light scatter one though.

cheers Craig

Reply to
craig

- snipped-for-privacy@n21g2000vba.googlegroups.com...

n explanation, probably in an article appearing in something like Pro/FILES= , about a point source, rays emitted, striking the reflector surface at var= ious points then using some function of "angle at point" to get the vector.= You might try looking for reflection pattern or light scatter instead of "= ray trace" which is something altogether different. The PTC site is one of = the worst I've ever come across for finding useful material with searches.

found it

craig

.com... > > Hello > > I am looking for a tutorial on tracing light rays on a reflector, in > > Pro/E. I remember seeing either a tutorial, or a suggested technique > > on it. > > I have googled, with no luck. > > Ages ago, there was a list of suggested techniques on PTC's website. > > Does anyone know where it has gone? I think that the suggested > > technique might be there. >

found it

Good goin', CJ. Love it when people answer their own questions. What did you find it under?

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

snipped-for-privacy@e24g2000vbe.googlegroups.com...

snipped-for-privacy@n21g2000vba.googlegroups.com...

call an explanation, probably in an article appearing in something like Pro= /FILES, about a point source, rays emitted, striking the reflector surface = at various points then using some function of "angle at point" to get the v= ector. You might try looking for reflection pattern or light scatter instea= d of "ray trace" which is something altogether different. The PTC site is o= ne of the worst I've ever come across for finding useful material with sear= ches.

you find it under?

i remembered that it had a field point to cerate an analysis, so i searched for feild point and went through them one by one until i found it.

when I had time between jobs, I once went through theyre website with a blank search, and printed up every topic that looked interesting. I still have a lot of them in a folder

Reply to
craig