Wildfire...upgrade or not to upgrade?

charset="iso-8859-1"

We are currently running 2001 and Intralink with much success. It is very stable and does what we want it to do. Hardware upgrades on the Intralink server and enduser PCs have been very beneficial. Should we consider upgrading to Wildfire yet? We deal mainly with large assemblies with fairly basic parts.

Thanks in Advance, Troy Barhite

Reply to
Troy Barhite

charset="iso-8859-1"

We are currently running 2001 and Intralink with much success. It is very stable and does what we want it to do. Hardware upgrades on the Intralink server and enduser PCs have been very beneficial. Should we consider upgrading to Wildfire yet? We deal mainly with large assemblies with fairly basic parts.

I understand all the "enhancements" which sound really good and probably would be beneficial for productivity gains but what I am more concerned about is the stability? Is WF going to crash on us every hour, is it going to work smoothly with Intralink, are we going to lose functionality in one area, etc.?

Thanks in Advance, Troy Barhite

Reply to
Troy Barhite

IMO, one of the best improvements is Flexible Components. If you deal with lots of this type of parts or assemblies, it may help you.

Reply to
Arlin

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no.

If your assmblies use fairly standard components (bolts, nuts, etc...) and your parts are not overly complex (no draft, etc...) WF ver 1 (Pro v24) won't help much.

There is a performance hit just using WF vs 2001, and the most beneficial feature I can imagine for you (Interface sets) exists in v2001. BOM's have also improved slightly, but you seem to be satisfied now.

Add to that the cost of retraining all of your users in the new menu system, and you may want to wait.

Just my $0.02

Troy Barhite wrote:

Reply to
Chris Gosnell