Subject Author Posted Replies

Motion Planning Algorithm
Hello, Currently, I am working on a project intended to use a reactive motion planning algorithm for a robot in a 3D dynamic environment. Could you please recommend me an algorithm, which would be the...

Techfest: The Asia's Largest Science and Technology Festival of IIT
This year 'Nexus', a unique initiative by Techfest with a motive to spread technology across India introduces field of Solar Energy. Nexus competition:Photoroller a blend of solar power with popular...

motion sensor
hi! does anyone knows how to make a motion snsor or a distance meter. please provide me a link or a shematic diagram thanks!!!
3
3

Interfacing with the SICK LMS Laser
Hi, Does anyone know if an API is available under windows, Visual C++, for interfacing a SICK LMS Laser to a PC ? The Laser itself comes with a CD-ROM that only has a GUI. What do I do if I need to...
2
2

Need good reference to derive Jacobian
I'd like to derive the Jacobian matrix for the Space Station RMS, so I wonder if the group can recommend a good reference book. Perhaps JJ Craig's Intro to Robotics? In particular I want to use the...

electrical engineering university
Hi friends, Does anybody know the top 10 rank electrical engineering university in the USA ? Please let me know, thanks !

"Eneloop" batteries vs. other NiMH ?
Any comments on the new "Eneloop" batteries by Sanyo ? I saw some in Costco today, but noticed the sales blurbage only talked about Eneloop vs. alkaline cells, not other NiMH batteries ? Any opinions...
5
5

google maps street view
new today: goto google maps: in your house address if you are in a reasonably well trodden area: click on street view, and with the arrows in the photograph, you can navigate 3 or 4 houses at a time....
22
22

WiMo Robot - Windows Mobile 5 Cellphone as controller
Just saw an interesting article in MSDN Magazine on the WiMo robot. Here's a link to the article: links to get started: really piqued my interest was this text at the very end of the article: "Did you...
2
2

TECHFEST Asia's Largest Technological Event
This year 'Nexus', a unique initiative by Techfest with a motive to spread technology across India introduces field of Solar Energy. Nexus competition:Photoroller a blend of solar power with popular...
1
1

bait cast reels in robotics ?
I was wandering through a sportings goods store today in the fishing section, and it occured to me that maybe some of the really slick looking bait cast reels might be of use in small robotics -...
3
3

need help with adhesive for tank treads
Hello, I am building a trracked robot based on Actel plastic conveyor treads. The problem I am having is attaching rubber pads to the treads. Actel is a "slippery" plastic and things like contact...
11
11

How to control an H-bridge from Arduino
I bought a LMD18200T H-Bridge but do not understand how to manage the connections from an Arduino. I am using an Arduino Wee which runs at 3.3V and offers digital output and PWM. What are the minimum...
4
4

empty toothpaste tubes for air bladders ?
Has anyone made use of empty toothpaste tubes (plastic) for air bladders or anything like that ? I'm thinking along the lines of "air muscles", etc. ... Just trying to "think out of the trashcan" !...
13
13

Less than a newbie
I want to start tinkering with robotics, more specifically, I'd like to make a portable X-Y plotter to take on location to print on things like sheets of drywall or plywood. For now, I'd like the...
8
8