Subject Author Posted Replies

free Java TTS
I've been looking for a low cost TTS system with source code I could = play around with for a long time. Stumbled onto this *free* Java-based = system tonight and thought I'd pass it on: ! JCD

using rod plastic in glue gun ?
I was using some hot glue to pour into a mold to see how a part would = turn out, and it occured to me that *maybe* I could use some plastic = that comes in a rod shape of the right diameter in the...
6
6

STRIPS planning
Having finally finished Behavior-Based Robotics by Arkn, I have started on "Introduction to AI Robotics" by Robin Murphy, Arkin's student. The former is a wide review of the state of robotics in 1998....
5
5

OT: submarine with tank treads
While surfing the net for tank treads for robots and related things I = stumbled across this neat old repro of a 1950 Mechanix Illustrated = article about a guy that built a personal sub with tank...

cable carrier for tank treads ?
Has anyone ever successfully used the cable carrier stuff like found = here tank treads for a small robot ? Just curious. Thanks ! JCD
16
16

Mars Exploration Rover Update - June 7, 2007
UPDATE: Checking Out New Driving Capabilities - sol 1194-1199, June 7, 2007: Opportunity is healthy and continues to circumnavigate "Victoria Crater" back toward "Duck Bay." On sol 1194, Opportunity...

Motorola MC68HC908QT Evaluation Board on Ebay
For anyone interested. Motorola MC68HC908QT Evaluation Board This is the board that Motorola produced when this microprocessor was first introduced, which was some time ago now. I remember it has 2K...

the comparison between reactive agent vs. deliberate agent vs. behavior-based agent
hi, I am confused by the classification of agents. In most text book there are three kinds agent such as reactive agent, deliberate agent and hybrid agent and in the robotics field, there is...

what kind of plastic is found in a modern printer ?
When my friends throw away a printer these days they give it me to = salvage for parts. Any idea what kind of plastic a modern printer - say an HP laser = All-In-One type built in the last 2 years...
1
1

Web Survey on the Use of Robots Capable of Lethal Force in Warfare
__________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------------------------------------------ Second Call for Participation: Web Survey on the Use of Robots...
2
2

Quad Bot walks & "swims" on concrete ...
I seem to be in the mood to surf the net and find neato robot videos. Here's another one! This all terrain quad bot from Tokoyo Institute of = Technology walks in the grass, but then kind of "swims"...
4
4

Really cool robot videos - LittleDog and wall climbing bot ...
"BigDog" has been seen on the web a lot, but I just now found these new = ones. And they are slick ! Click on the video links at lower right of each page. LittleDog: = climbing bot: = JCD
3
3

melt ABS pellets on kitchen stove ?
I saw an ad on eBay for "Green Cycolac ABS Resin" pellets. Is this = something that could be melted on a kitchen stove and poured into a mold = ? Any comments on this sort of thing are welcome! Thanks...
15
15

Learning path
Hi! Im a programmer and I would like to start learning about embeeded systems and robotics. i 've been programming in java and c for some years, but now i would like to know more about hardware and...
3
3

Question?
Hello, Is an embedded system just a micro controller with a specific task? Or is it a micro controller running some sort of OS? Just wanting to learn a little more about this. Thanks, Joe McKibben
3
3